Ge Money India / Harassment with unwanted loan

1 India Review updated:

I'd like to furnish the details of the persons/companies involved in this case before I proceed with my story :

1. ASM (Ge Money) : Mr. Yash, Cell: +91 [protected]
2. DSA : Radiant Marketing, Tel : +91 11 [protected]
3. Sub DSA : Vikash Mehta, Cell: +91 [protected]

I had applied for a personal loan of 5 lacs for a tenure of 48 months via Mr. Vikash Mehta, who collected the necessary documents from me. I had made it very clear to him right in the beginning that I wanted this loan for a longer tenure, if 60 months was not possible then for at least 48 months.

A few days later, he collected the PDCs from me saying that my loan application was sanctioned for 4.77 lacs and for a tenure of 48 months. The same day in the evening, I got a call from Mr. Yash (ASM, GeMoney) confirming me the approval but adding that the tenure could not be exceeded beyond 36 months as per the company policies. During our conversation, I clearly told him that I would have to forgo the loan as the tenure was not suitable to me and he agreed. There on, I had been calling Vikas to return my PDCs almost every day.

Then on 4th of Oct, I got a courier (the loan cheque) from GeMoney which I didn't receive and immediately called Vikas for a clarification. It is shocking what he had to say. He told me that Radiant Marketing was the DSA through which my file was processed. Instead of canceling the loan they went ahead with it because they had to meet their SALES TARGET! At the same time he promised to take necessary steps to cancel the loan and I needn't worry. I also called Mr. Yash who didn't take my call. The call centre refused to register a complain because I didn't have a loan a/c no. (since I had returned the courier without reading the contents).

On 8th of Oct, Radiant Marketing called me to confirm as to why the courier was returned. After I repeated the whole story again, Ms Madhu (Radiant Marketing) put the whole blame on Vikas (their sub DSA) but also promised that since I did not want the loan it would be canceled. They had the cheque with them which would be returned to Ge.

Today, somebody rings my bell, literally throws the envelope at the gate and disappears. So, I'm back to square one with the unwanted cheque in my hand. I'm thoroughly disgusted with the whole thing and request somebody of high authority at GE to take care of the matter personally.

One should think twice before approaching GE Money!

Comments

• Si
      6th of Mar, 2008

I totally agree with the above gentlemen post.

I have also faced the same from Ge Money, A gentlemen from Ge money has taken all the documents promising a loan of Specified amount with the cheque for processing the file.

Later there was no communication from the Bank upon which i requested for details, Bank told me that they can not provide with the specified amount and returned my documents without the cheque.

I think they are just fooling people and One should not go to Ge Money.

• Vi
      23rd of Aug, 2008

To, Dated : 24/08/2008
    The GE MONEY,
    Credit Card Division,
    Delhi.

Sub: Bad Services of the Credit Card. No. 4211-8920-1438-9206.

Sir/Madam,
    I am Vikram Sharma. My Credit Card No. 4211-8920-1438-9206. My Credit Card was issued in 2004. I used card 04/10/2004 for Rs 1, 000.00. And second use on 04/11/2004 for Rs. 4364.00. After Charging the interest on the said amount to Total Amount Was Rs 5, 869.98. For Which I did the payment of Rs 5, 900.00 with no outstanding dues. The Customer Care Department said that u have paid Rs 5, 900.00 which is the excess amount. And thus you have no outstanding dues. Therefore your account become nil. Next statement showed the amount of Rs 46.76. I thought they will reverse this money to maintain the good customer relationship. I did the payment in time. Because if you know any credit card department does not want to loose good customers. I am using the credit card of other bank also like ICICI 4 Cards, HSBC 2 Cards, CITIBANK 2 Cards, ABN AMRO 2 Cards etc etc. But not faced the problems like this. After a long gap opened the statement and find out that the interest has become Rs 232.19 till August. I called the customer care center they told me that your payable amount is Rs 634.26. Therefore I did the payment of Rs 634.26. Which should not be paid. This is not fair. I don’t know why they are charging interest.
    So, my confirmation ID for this last payment that is Rs 634.26 is 0072263254. tele caller person name i.e. Mr. Ankur. Dated 24/08/2008. Time 10:14. Please close this card as I don’t want to continue with GE Money any relation like credit card, loan, account etc. etc. Please issue the NOC or No Dues outstanding as on date.

Thanks

Best Regards,

VIKRAM SHARMA
    M-75, Vikas Puri, Near U.K.Nursing Home,
    New Delhi-110018
    Phone No. # 011-25598001
    Mobile No. 09899259121

30th of Aug, 2008

My brother Santosh Rai has been allotted Credit Card No. 4211 8920 1590 3682 with the crdit limit of Rs.5000/- only in the monyh of June, 2007 with the assurance to issue the same" Free of Cost". But nearly after passing of one year he has been advised to pay the sum of Rs. 732.01 including the Late Fee of Rs.350.00 for which he has neither been advised earlier nor the Card has been used on any occassion. He is getting regular threatenings from your office to settle the same at the earliest failing which he will be penalised regulary with Interest & Late Fees. Please look in to the matter immediately and resolve it at the earliest before taking any approprate action at my end. How it is justified to pay the charges without any use and with False Assurance for not paying any charge at the time of issue. However the cancelled card has already been despatched at your P.O Box No.3310, Jangpura Post Office, New Delhi 110074.

Your kind attention is once again invited to Waive off your claim of Rs. 732.01 and ensure not to send any Monthly Statement with Reminder to pay any outstanding for no use of Card and also to avoid the cheating attitude of your marketing executives to the unknown people like him. Please also confirm the waiver of the same at the following address same :

Santosh Rai