GE MONEY / Dishonest/ Worst Customer Service Ever Experienced

1 IL, United States Review updated:

I just had a huge altercation with them on the phone. I was on hold with a so called "escalated specialist" Upon answer the phone she was very rude. I was very polite to her. after giving my account information to her, I began to explain what the situation was. As I was explaining to her the wrong doing on behalf of GE Money, she rudely continously began to interupt me. I asked her to allow me to finish before interupting me. Can you belive she then started to yell at me. I am so frustrated and upset now. I've had nothing but the worst customer service I've experienced in my life with GE Money!

What really can be done??
I guess we need to try and beat them at their own so called "GAME." Im at nearly a 30% rate with them. My goodness I might as well go to a loan shark. Shouldn't that kind of rate be Illegal?
Well what I did is just paid off the sum of what I owe, in hopes to get rid of this tromendous hedache.

Oh and let me mention, they have charged me over $200 in fees, not to mention a $35 fee from my bank cause they made an unauthorized withdrall from my acct. Wich after nearly two weeks now they have been unable to explain!

Some one please shine some light on this!

Comments

28th of Feb, 2009

I had a very similar experiene today with the "escalated specialist" and she hung on me. I explained that 2 months ago, we went through the exact same procedure and it did not work that time. We have tried to set this up as an auto payment online. When I log in to our GE Money USA account, and go to payment, it shows the routing number last 4 digits and the account number last four digits from our checking with the other numbers replaced with asterisk (*). Customer service says our account number only shows there are only 8 total numbers in our account number in their records yet on the payment page it shows we have a 10 number account (6 asterisks and 4 numbers) which is correct. So they submit the wrong number to our bank and it is returned to GE and then GE charges us a $39 returned check fee. She just said to re enter the account number again. I explained that we went through the same procedure 2 months ago and it didn't work. She said "Just do what I say" and then hung up on me.

In the last 2 months, they have charged us an additional $93.13 in returned check and other late payment fees on a supposedly a 2 year free interest account.

I think there system is a scam to make money and they intentionally submit wrong account numbers to make money. And this is the first time I ever had a customer service person hang up on me.