Ge Money Bank Paypal / abuse spam and cell calls / paypal

United States, Florida Review updated:
Follolwing is copy of the e-mail I received today from those GEnius, guess what account am I closing today?:
The phone they give for optout requires we to dial in the credit card number...but I have not credit card from them (Only paypal account) so call is terminated in their side without options.

The following provision is being added to your PayPal Buyer Credit account agreement:

You agree that GE Money Bank and any other owner or servicer of your account may contact you about your account using any contact information or cell phone numbers you provide (whether previously provided or provided in the future).
You expressly agree to the use of any automatic telephone dialing system and/or artificial or prerecorded voice when contacting you, even if you are charged for the call under your phone plan.
The above provision will become part of your account agreement if you consent to the provision by (i) using your account more than 15 days after this notice is delivered to you or (ii) keeping your account open after March 15, 2009. If you do either of these things, we will conclude that you have consented to being contacted on your cell phone in this way. If you do not want to be contacted on your cell phone in this way, you may call us at [protected] at any time.
Note: This email was sent to you by GE Money Bank's PayPal Buyer Credit Services division to provide important account servicing information regarding your PayPal Buyer Credit Account. You may receive account servicing emails even if you have requested not to receive marketing offers by email for your PayPal Buyer Credit Account. GE Money Bank is located at 4246 South Riverboat Rd, Suite 200, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84123, USA.

This is an unmonitored email box. Please do not reply to this email.

A  6th of Mar, 2009 by
I have the same problem This is completely unethical and can not be legal...its like those old scams where they mail you a product and unless you return it within 30 days they bill you! They can not just change the user agreement with out consent.
A  20th of Mar, 2009 by
Yes they can. As per the initial user agreement you agreed to they can change the agreement whenever they want.
Call you Congressperson and get the laws changed.

I just did it and according to their records I didn't have a cell phone number in my account information. So I just gave them it (duh!). If I get ANY calls after doing this I will sue them.

I also have my cell phone on the Do Not Call list for what it is worth.

PayPal Logo PayPal