Ge Money Bank / Honda / Vehicle Financing

1 PO Box 960061Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-868-7550

I signed a contract with a local dealer here in SF for $39 a month at 8% on a 2007 Honda Ruckus. I have this offer in writing. This is a special that is widely advertised all over the internet. I financed through Money bank for the above amount. I never received one single statement in the mail until about three months after I rode the bike home. Ive been getting bombarded by calls from Honda saying that I owe $59 a month, plus late fees. I often call the dealership and GE Money bank to dispute these differing payment amounts and they ignore me. I explained to GE Money Bank that I have a contract but they will not honor it. I got frustrated and paid them off in full. The next statement came and reflected no change - now the minimum payment is $90, there is an even higher interest rate, and more finance fees. They consistently send me the statement AFTER payments are due, and they don't pick up the phone to take payments.

I either want them to honor the original contract of $39 per month at 8% and re-age my account to day one, or I refund all payments and late fees up until this point so that I can refinance with a legitimate institution.

Comments

• Be
      15th of May, 2008

We had the same problem with the motorcycle we bought for my husband. We did not receive any statements and answered one of the calls from GE. The address was entered wrong and I have no idea where the statements were going. I was able to get them to remove some of the late fees but it was very difficult.

15th of Jul, 2008

I was scamed by GE money as well I bought a raptor 700 quad the payment s where 130.00 a month I pay my bill online at ther site every month before the due date they jack up my payment s up to 400.00 a month i called they said i was late 5 times which i was not they would not change it im still trying to find a bank to switch my loane to when you call GE money they are rude and dont even try to work with you ther is a new thing if they call you all the time you can sue them now for abuse it, s call sue4abuse .com I hope some day GE money will get them into a big mess and have to pay some money back that they scamed from people

• Go
      30th of Mar, 2009

I am in the process of filing complaints, among others, with the South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs against GE Money/Honda. I was approved, through the Honda dealer in Sumter, SC, for a Honda Card, after making a $3500.00 downpayment for a no interest, no payment for six months loan . My Honda card was issued, which I have since canceled, and I traveled 500 miles to pick up the bike. When I arrived the dealer was advised that the financing offer was withdrawn. I was left with no alternative than to take Honda Financial's financing, (another entity I am told by Honda) and that I did not want to begin with. I am going to include Honda Motor Company as well in all actions. I received no satisfaction from them and they repeatedly stated they are not associated with any of this even though they allow and license their name to be used. I am also going to explore this with the Feds as well. This false representation involved interstate commerce and Honda and GE corporations may be subject to the RICO statute. The time is long overdue for the little guy to stand up and say we are mad as hell and enough is enough. I suggest everyone who feels similarly to contact their state and local consumer affairs agencies to put their cases on file!

• Ra
      6th of Apr, 2009

They did the same to me every time I pay extra they dont credit it I have to call 4 or 5 times they hit me with late charges and I threatened to sue now they canceled my card they are a scam.

8th of Sep, 2009

I opened an American Honda acct 3 yrs ago and it took them three months for me to receive a statement. It took 3 months for them to add the apt# to my address. Meanwhile they're charging me fees and penalties that takes me over the limit. Let's add insult to injury...Late last yr I lost my job due to a longterm illness. Contacted them three months ago to settle. An agreement was reached in which I fulfilled my obligations within the alloted time frame, but as yet I have not received the title to the motorcycle. I'd like to sell it so I can recoup some of my losses. However it's been a non-ending nightmare of calls to 1-800 #'s to India where names like Chris, Shawn, Nicole, etc. answer and give me yet another 800 # to call. One of the 800 numbers was to a preoperative screening clinic!! What are they hinting at? I can't help that I was dignosed with cancer and lost my job but come on...Now it's been 2 weeks after the account was 'charged off' and I still haven't received the title. I'm between a rock and a hard place and GEMoney is throwing rocks at me. What a disgrace!

20th of Nov, 2009

Some similar things happened with me regarding Honda. I WAS late one month and they jacked the interest up to 29%. I stumped them when I told them I would leave the garage door open and they could come and get the bike. I explained that I would never pay 29% so that would be their only remedy. They put the rate back to 7.9% magically! Funny how that works.

• Je
      25th of Aug, 2011

After reading all the complaints mine is different I paid and know they wont give me the title Im still trying at this time you will get disconted and they will lie to you but they will go home at the end of the day and your stuck.
    What come to mind is theres a wole web site dedicated to these problem and there still allowed to operate Better Business or someone needs to step in and take notice the bottom line is they s..k.