GE Money Bank / Title held hostage!

United States Review updated:
I purchased a used KTM dirtbike in the spring of 2005. I had been making all of my payment on time until a bad divorce put me in a bad spot. I soon fell behind on my payments and my account with GE went to collections. Since then I have sold my house and settled the account with GE.(that was in jan 07) As part of the settlement agreement, GE was supposed to sent me the title to the bike... that was SIX months ago. I tried repeatedly to get through to them with no luck. Each time I finally reached a live body at GE I was Quickly and rudely referred to another phone number with another rude employee who was not only unwilling to help,but unwilling to let me speak to a supervisor. I was sent in circles for 3 days with no results, each department saying to call another department. I have been forced to hire a lawyer on MY dime to get the title that belongs to me, and now they are giving him the runaround! Today I finally had enough and gave them an ultimatum... send me my title or we are going to court and seeking damages. Meanwhile I have a bike I cannot ride, register, sell, and losing value!

A  14th of Sep, 2007 by
I have a very similar experience. I filed bankruptcy in 2004. I listed the motorcycle as exempt and placed it on my excluded accounts list, yet GE put it into bankruptcy anyway. I paid double payments $150.00 instead of $80.00 every month without ever being late. Finally I paid it off 4 months ago. I have yet to receive my title. I have been calling them every week. They will not even give me a correspondence address other than the payment center. Registered mail to that address is returned undelivered.

GE Money Bank Logo GE Money Bank