GC Services Collection Agency

Unwarranted letter to me

4.15
GC Services
California
I have an auto loan thru WELLS FARGO. I am NOT & NEVER have been in default on this auto loan. I was never informed by Wells Fargo they were going to farm my personal info to a 3rd party collections agency. Today I received a letter telling me I had an outstanding debt. I tried to call Wells Fargo but it was too late in the day when I received the letter. I will call them on Monday (June 15th 2009) and try to get to the bottom of this UNWARRANTED notice letter. To make matters worse, when I tried to get an explanation from GC Services today the Customer Service Rep HUNG UP ON ME!!! This is totally unacceptable behavior on GC Services. I was not being rude or hostile to the Customer Service Rep. I was trying to understand why I would get a letter of this nature when I don't owe Wells Fargo any money.

I ask other consumers to complain directly to their Finance companies and maybe this will help to stop this kind of behavior.
L.M. in Southern Calif
Complaint comments Comments (13)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Collections Agencies

Comments

A  25th of Jun, 2009 by    +1 Votes
This same company is threatening my daughter and using the Concord, California Police Department as their client against her. I will contact the PD and ask what's going on, but we all need to find a group/department that will deal directly with this bogus business (Attorney General? Consumer Complaints for either the sate they do business in or the one we the client live in?). The BBB will not do anything about them.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
N  26th of Jun, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Please go to the website www.nolo.com for FREE or very inexpensive legal advice on a ton of different topics. I googled and found out this is a legit company. Wells Fargo also verified that they found GS was legit. But that doesn't mean they don't do dumb stuff. PLEASE PLEASE PLease, get the info you need from Nolo to protect your rights as a consumer. Nolo is really great. Hope this helps you.
N  26th of Jun, 2009 by    +1 Votes
to all other users & readers of this Complaint Board..as I mentioned above I discovered this website called www.nolo.com that has a whole slew of EASY to understand, written LEGAL ADVice and books for a layperson advice regarding rights and disputes, including but not limited to renters rights, consumer rights, employee rights, go to court or mediate?, how bankruptcy can forestall or avoid foreclosure on your home, etc. etc. and no I don't get any money from this endorsement. I just like to help people.
D  11th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Bill collecters are all the same: they threaten your life to get the money they say you owe. One threatened to charge me with fraud. It was not. I did not anticapate getting fired from my job when I had credit cards.

But the collecters don't give a rats behind about that. They will lie to you, make your life miserable, and afraid to answer the phone or open the mail box.
A  20th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have had a similar experience. I had an account with AT&T that went into collection to GC Services in Oct. 2003. I paid it in full to GC Services on 6/14/2004. I have not heard from anyone until 7/18/09, I received 2 letters from Palisades Collections trying to collect two
different amounts--$699.00 and $527.00 for AT&T from 2005. I went online and looked at all 3 of my credit reports and there they were as adverse or negative accounts. So I took my time and disputed each one, in hopes this will be resolved. What the hell is going on?? Is it due to the bad economy, and they are trying to collect debts twice from hard working honest people??? Not happening with me!
N  26th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
I just received a notice on my credit report that the account that I opened with Dish Network in Aug. 2009 is delinquent $1000 as of Sep. 2009. This is news to me as I have never signed any contracts with dish network. I received the notification on behalf of Dish Network from G C Credit services
A  30th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
i have delt with them before and am still dealing with them. i have a seatbelt ticket from 2005 and i owed 169 GC servises now say i owe them 469. These people are very rude and will not work with you. They call my cell phone when i am at work and they call about five times in a row.I will not pay them any money i will continue to send my money to the court. I HAVE COMPLAINED TO THE COURT TOO AND THE ASSISTANT SAID THEY ARE THE WORST AND MOST UNPROFESSIONAL COLLECTION AGENCIE EVER. AND I AGREE!!!
N  28th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Why doesn't everyone change their phone numbers, stop applying for credit cards and stop giving free money to Collection bottom-feeders people, let them all go out of business and maybe we can breathe better. STOP paying Collection Agencies. It's pure profit to top off their minimum wage existence. Beat these stress-causing agents! Please!
A  15th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Like most of you I had a bad experience with GC today. This man Robert Robinson called me being totally disrespectful. He yelled at me, and honestly I got upset and spoke out of my character. I am not a person to get in disputes with anyone or be disrespectful, but I couldn't re frame from defending my self verbally. I asked to speak with his Manager, the manager was more disrespectful than the employee. I HAVE CONTACTED MY LAWYER AND BBB...its not over. I am willing to pay my debt through the company whom I owe...these people aint gettin a dime of my MONEY...

Usually I receive a letter in the mail from the collection agency. I have not received any document by mail from them nor, the corporation who I owe. I like to see it on paper. It is too many businesses that are working fraudulently...how can you make an agreement when someone is being disrespectful, raising voices and being sarcastic. On top of that he said...so how would you like too pay...ARE YOU SERIOUS
N  20th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
GC collections made an agreement with me to pay a certian amount each month for a student loan!! Ive been making the payments as agreed ! Now they want to raise my monthly payments and threatened me with garnishment of my Disability checks!! Iam making the payments they set up and on time !! Can they garnish my disability if i dont now pay more ???
N  23rd of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
The reason for the letter is simple if you never got informed of it. The letter states that you have an outstanding debt to WFAF. It comes with balance on the letter along with a notification that you had spoken to a GCS rep about the outstanding balance. There is nothing to get angry over when it comes to the letter. Any company that a customer deals with does not have to inform the client that they are going to be using a 3rd party collections team. The letter is from GCS not from WFAF. In fact GCS has collected WFAF accounts for almost 8 years and just recently, in March of 2009, became a 3rd party at WFAF's request.
A  26th of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
GC services "customer services reps" are so incredibly rude and hostile it's ridiculous. I don't think any person has ever been so disrespectful to me ever.. and it's not just one employee it's the 6 i had to speak with.
A  4th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I received a notice stating I owed the city of vallejo superior court. Over 1900.00 dollars when I have never been to court, lived in or have ever been arrested in Sonoma county or in vallejo when I called the court they couldn't find what I was talking about so when I called GCS they got outrageously rude and obnoxious and claim if I don't pay in 90 days they will have my driving privileges revoked and my retirement attached. Im seeking an attorney
.these people need to know we have rights.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree