GC Services / False collection attempt

CA, United States Review updated:
I received a call this moring from GC sevices stating that I was being collected on by a company who I have a current account with. The caller was named Rebecca, I asked if she had the right person and asked for the address of the person she was trying to contact, she said I would have to divulge my address. This went back and forth and she handed me over to another worker named Manual (sp) and he stated that they get their collection information from the company I was doing business with. It turns out that there was another person by the same name but of a different account number and address that was indeed in collections, but GC services did not relent and told me I had to go through ID theft procedures, which I did, but according to the company in question, they have no actions against me and I am perfectly in good standing with them. I get the distinct impression that GC simply googled my name and the location in which I live and came up with my phone number, Rebecca seemed to immediately assumed I was the person she was looking for and was very accusatory in tone through the entire conversation. Somebody needs to clamp down on this company's workers.
Ri

Comments

As
  21st of Oct, 2009
The company is horrible. They lie, cheat, and steal. A former manager, Harold Wickline, is known as a national disgrace and he's ended up at Pioneer Credit in Arcade, York.

Shows what a mess GC Services is-their registration has expired. They will have to get Michael Lane Fisher and Eric Bernhagen "double time" to fix this before they are closed down.

And, people sue them constantly. They settle out of court to avoid being exposed.

GC Services Logo GC Services