Gate 1 TravelTerrible Customer Service

Booked a trip to Japan, seemed simple enough. The first day was supposed to be a city tour and afternoon of "free travel", where you could roam around at your leisure, and day two I booked a day trip by bus to Mt Fuji.

I have friends in Tokyo and they made room in their schedule to meet up with me on day 1 and even reserved a table for us at an upscale restaurant.

A few weeks before the trip I get an email saying that day 1 and 2 were switched because of the city tour availability.

Instead of phoning me and asking directly, or offering options, like a refund, they simply switch the days. They assumed and made changes to my itinerary without asking, which irked me, but I can understand as they thought they were helping.

This is my issue now: In my case I am fine missing the city tour because I'll be meeting with friends. I want to change the Fuji bus trip back to day 2.

I phone in. No one from the Operations department can be reached. They'll call me tomorrow. Tomorrow rolls by. No call. I call them back. They see the note was made, but they don't have a contact number for the Operations department. They don't even know the extension to ask on my behalf.

Allow me to repeat for emphasis: The customer service representative at this company has no way to directly reach another department in the company. There is no number, no extension, no email, no way of getting hold of them with questions. The request can be entered in my profile and then it's up to the mercy of Operations whether it's possible to revert back to the way I agreed to it when I originally paid for this trip. Could be days. They don't even know. So if the request is denied for whatever reason, I can only contact the customer service reps who like me, have no clues about what go on higher up in their own company.

This company is a disgrace. If I booked this trip myself I would be able to contact the tour operator first-hand. But now I simply wait to see what the mysterious unreachable Operations department decides.

I've never seen a company whose employees are so clueless as to what goes on in their own offices and who shield their customers away from any contact with the people who can actually control the trips they pay thousands for.

It's been a week so far and no one has gotten in touch with me, to answer questions or offer updates into the inquiry. If they do get in touch eventually and I have further questions who knows how long it may take to get hold of them again. Why can I not speak directly to the person who can help me? At least offer options before changing someone else's travel plans. If they won't switch the dates back, I hope I can get a full refund for this day trip.

Stay away from this company.

Re