Gardeningexpress.co.uk / quick to take your money, but try and complain or ask for refund - they will not answer you

United States Review updated:

AVOID!!! Was sent awful quality plants. Customer service non-existent. Quick to take your money, but try and complain or ask for refund - they will not answer you. Investigated further and found hundreds of similar complaints on the web. Also, as I live in North Essex I decided to track down the so-called UK's leading online Gardening Centre to find that the man is trading from his own back garden, and I could see no more than 2 people working there!!!

Im

Comments

• Ge
    Gardening Express - Clematis
    United Kingdom

Having dealt with you for years and never had to complain, have been well let down this time.The size of the plant is pathetic !!no buds, and to think was in Dobbies the day before ordering and could have had one much bigger with buds cheaper, so so angry, I am 82 years of age and only pleasure I have is my garden.YOU HAVE SPOILT YOUR REPUTATION !

• Yt
    Gardening Express - Non delivery

Order No 600082626
    Order was placed on 21/03/2018 no explanation as to why it hasn't been delivered, have sent 4 emails and nothing . Money has been taken from my account. Have tried calling several times but recorded messages says there's a fault on the line, have tried alternative phone but not answering.

• Wi
    Gardening Express - Cordyline plants
    knightswood
    United Kingdom

Ordered cordyline plants last year all have died was thinking about ordering roses but really don't know if your plants are suitable for Scottish weather ?stay in glasgow was really disappointed as not 1of the plant I ordered had survived

• Al
    Gardening Express - clematis pixie

plant arrived dead with dried up flowers in bottom of box and barely any shrivelled leaves on main stem. What a shocking company. As many others I cannot contact them -the telephone system does not function. Please do not waste money with this company .How is the puchaser to communicate with this company? What is the point of the 5year guarantee?

• Ca
    Gardening Express - Plants
    Gardeningexpress.co.uk

Took receipt of plants today. Dreadful condition, half dead, very small. What you would see on clearance table & then wouldn't buy. Pots cracked, badly packaged. Phones premium rate & they don't answer, email generic response. My credit card issuer now dealing with. Don't touch with a barge pole

• Be
      Aug 29, 2018
    Gardening Express - Diseased plants no customer service - totally ignored
    United Kingdom

Diseased sedums supplied. Soft box - completely torn to get plants out. No answer to request re how to return. At best this company are incompetent- at worst thieves. I am contacting my local Trading Standards Office. Wish I had used PayPal to open a complaint and get my money back. BE WARNED - AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

• Hi
      Aug 29, 2018
    Gardening Express - Non arrival of order
    Essex
    United Kingdom

Main bulk of order not arrived, one small box with just a few plants delivered but most has not. Cannot get through on the phone as constantly not answered/engaged. 5 attempts via email with no response. Refund requested.

Sep 19, 2018
    Gardening Express - Snake Plant

Delivered today 04/09/2017
    Delivery box was most mashed up I've ever seen in my life. The plant was broken and bashed and had discolourations. Completely unhappy.

• Ha
      Oct 22, 2018
    Gardening Express - Non-delivery of plants
    gardeningexpress.co.uk

order placed on 8th July email received 20th saying parcel damaged can't deliver. Tried to contact Gardening Express another email received 22nd July saying delivery "failed". Contacted courier told that was a lie. No delivery attempted that day. Contact either by email or phone ignored.

• Si
      Oct 22, 2018
    Gardening Express - Non-delivery of goods
    gardeningexpress.co.uk

Places an order on the 23rd of May.

No order received. No contact. Opened support tickets. Nothing back

• Pe
      Dec 12, 2018
    Gardening Express - Partly delivered order
    United Kingdom

I ordered 5 holly bushes and only two arrived, phone number is temporarily disabled.
    Open ticket but no response so far.

• Cv
      May 14, 2019
    Gardening Express - Dead plants
    United Kingdom

There is no active number to call them and ask for return and refund! Half of the plants I bought arrived in very bad condition and do not worth the 56£ I spent. Since no one responded to my online requests and emails I will dispute the charges through the credit card company. What a disappointment...

• Mi
      Jun 24, 2019

I have posted my own review an a head office number where I managed to speak to a customer service manager very recently

Hope it helps