GAP / terrible customer service lack of information

Merrick, NY, United States

Today I went into a Gap store on Merrick Avenue in Merrick NY Long Island to purchase a coat for my daughter. I had previously seen online that GAP had a 40% off sale plus a 10% off outerwear online and in stores. So I decide I would just go into the store to make my purchase. When I went to the counter to pay for my items the female sales associate offered me the option to apply for the GAP credit card for an additional 10% off which I declined and then told her "there is already an additional 10% discount advertised on the website". She then replied "no I don't think so" which I then preceded to show her the GAP website home page that advertised this promotion and she then asked me if it had a discount code and I replied "No it doesn't however it says in the fine print 10% taken off at register". She then seemed bothered by her expression that I was insistent on an additional 10% discount that none of the associates were aware of. She then called over a male associate and asked him if he was aware of the additional 10% discount and he also replied "no is it a groupon or something" (I've never seen the GAP on a Groupon by the way). I replied "no it's on the GAP website he then asked to read the discount fine print in my phone and then said "it's on outerwear only do you have outerwear?" I said yes it's in the bag that was already packed in the GAP bag by the female associate. He then with an attitude agreed to apply it to the coat. I then left the store feeling like the sales associates were upset I was asking for this additional 10% that I guess they thought I made up. When I arrived at my home I looked at my receipt and to my unpleasant surprise I saw the coat that had a tag for $78 was rang up at $88. I could only feel this was done purposely. Since it was late and store was closed by the time I reached my home I could not go back to disputed the charge. I actually never want to go to that store again after the terrible customer service I received by those two associates. I will send my husband to dispute the charge instead. How can the GAP advertise a discount and the actual store not be made aware!!! This promotion states it runs from 10/15/19-10/18/18 I suggest this store and it's associates are made aware before other customers are made to feel the way I was. Please see attachments.

Ev