Gander Mountain / poor website design

1 NC, United States Review updated:

Ad my son not been adamant that he wanted something from Gander Mountain, the experience I had with your web site would have sent me directly to Bass Pro Shops. Their web site does not work with Firefox or other non-Internet Explorer browsers. This means that around 15-17% of your customers cannot use the checkout process - more than 1 out of 8!!!

#2 When I finally figured out that problem, when I finally finished the process, when I submitted my CC info and checked out, I got a database error. I reentered my info and got the same error. In this day in age there is no reason at ALL to have a web site that is specific to a web browser, particularly one that is so prone to security attacks and poor web standards compliance.

Finally, when I tried to use the feedback form (the ONLY way to provide feedback) it would not let me do so unless I specified what store I used, which did not apply to a web purchase. I tried to email all the normal email addresses info@gand... sales@gan... webmaster@gan... and none of them were valid.

When I tried to talk to customer service, all I could get was a recorded message to leave a message. Yeah right. Stupid web design - poor customer service. I wish I had had the option to go to Bass Pro Shops web site to make this purchase.

St

Comments

• Je
      6th of Aug, 2008

I find this complaint to be pretty hard to believe considering Gander Mountain had no e-commerce options on their website until August 3rd, 2008, meaning there was not product available for purchase on their site until over 2 months after you wrote this. I'd love to know what you were trying to purchase as you simply did not have that option until 4 days ago.