Future Shop — Product Service Plan
I bought a digital camera in July 2006 and paid an extra 35% for the product service plan. The representative in Future Shop convinced me that the plan covers everything. He even told me that if there was a problem with the camera that cannot be fixed, they would replace it. I was very happy to hear those comments and paid for a 4 year product service plan. One day, when I was taking a photograph something strange happened to the LCD which looks like a scratch but inside. I was just taking a photo! I brought it to Future Shop and they shipped it for repair. But they didn't fix it with the reason being "it is a physical damage". However, they told me if I pay 40 CAD they will fix it!
It's funny, I paid quite a lot for the service plan 3 years ago but they don't fix something that is worth 40 CAD.
It is a marketing strategy I guess, but beware.
More Future Shop Complaints & Reviews
- Future Shop - Sell defective appliances and not replace 
- Future Shop - Wont exchange defective product after only a week of buying! 
- Future Shop - extended warranty 
- Future Shop - Salesman misleads on Product Service Plan
- Future Shop - PSP Extended Warrantry
- Future Shop - Careless Customer Service
- Future Shop - POOR COUSTER SERVICE 
- Future Shop - Overcharged for defective product
- FUTURE SHOP - DOWNTOWN MONTREAL - Extended Warranty Scam 
- Future Shop - NO DELIVERY