Future Shop / Horrible customer service

ON, Canada Review updated:

I purchased a washer & dryer online. Shortly after the order was place I received an email saying I would be receiving an email within 48 hrs to notify me of a delivery date. After not hearing anything for 4 days I called to inquire, and that's when the fun began. I was told that it in fact was taking along time and that they were going to speed it up and I would have a delivery date by the next day. That day came and went with no delivery date. My wife started to email future shops customer service while I called one of their reps. The funny part was, every single person we talked to said something completely different. Finally on the 8th day we just said forget it. My wife cancelled the order and was told we would be receiving a cancellation notice via email. Day 9 and 10 came, no cancellation but to our surprise we received our delivery date. My wife called to find out what was going on, and they told her their is no delivery date and the order is in the process of being cancelled. By this point I'm furious. I called and asked to speak with a supervisor, I was then put on hold and then told he was on lunch and would phone me back in half an hour. That call never came. I phoned the next day asking again to speak with a supervisor, again put on hold, and then finally they said their transferring my call to him. I waited 15 min then a message came on telling me he is no longer available and to leave a detailed MSG, and the manager would return my call. I left the message, but again nobody called. I decided to try a third time to speak with a supervisor, again I was put on hold, but this time after waiting 5-10 min, they disconnected me. I decided to wait a couple days, then called back and spoke with a customer service rep. I told them I've had enough, and I want my credit card credited back. I forgot to mention that part. They charged my card not even 1 day after placing the order, but now that I want my money back I can't seem to get it. We are two weeks in, I have no washer and dryer and my credit card is charged for the full amount. On Monday I will try again to speak with someone that can credit my money back. In the meantime I'm filing a complaint with the better business bureau. My advice to anyone reading this, shop somewhere else. If future shop does have a better price, take their ad to another store and do a price match.

Comments

• Ka
      26th of Jun, 2012

I agree, take your hard earned money and buy from somewhere reputable that appreciates our purchases!!! Presently experiencing the same run around...? Our LG 55' tv is only 2 months old after 31 days it is not watchable...large thick bands are across the screen and we've been waiting for a month of this 2 months to have this problem serviced or exchanged (did I mention its been over a month!!! and we are no further ahead? We call on a daily basis, getting someone who knows nothing each time and tells us the same story...that our new tv is discontinued, ok?? so replace it with a new one?? apparently they don't have to???? They have 1 opened box TV in the back that is used was brought back from a previous customer, they want us to take that one, I said no I bought a new tv I want and expect a new TV!!! even bought the extended warranty!! Ha!!! It's been a month with no tv...(We have kids!!! you can imagine what we hear from them on a daily basis) lol Anyways Future shop wants to give us a store credit...but we bought this TV on sale 3/mo ago, now to purchase the same type is going to cost 500.00 more!!! We don't have 500.00 more to put towards a new TV, There is NO customer service, we are being lied to by each employee we have spoken to and it's just not acceptable!!! This experience has been so stressful, I will NEVER buy from these stores again (future shop and best buy) They just lost reliable customers as we have purchased computers, camera, dvd players, lots of video games!!! and movies!!! gift cards to kids b-days etc... But it doesn't seem to matter to them and it should!!! Good bye FS &BB We will never set foot in your stores again...and our friends and coworkers have witnessed what we have gone through and they too will never shop there!!! And I will continue to share my story/experience to warn others that this to can happen to them!!!
    Sincerely,
    Kathryn

• Ka
      26th of Jun, 2012

P.S- We also purchased the 3D DVD player and 4 3D movies (Rio, Harry potter, Ice Age and A Aquarium 3D Movie) All purchased the same day we purchased our new 3D TV!!! Future Shop will not refund us for any of these purchases as they have been opened/used? We no longer have any use for these items as they will only give us store credit for the new TV and since it was on sale(discontinued, which was never told to us when buying it) we can't afford the extra money to purchase the upgraded TV. Just disgusting!!!