Founders Insurance Company / Not settling a claim in a satisfactory time frame!

IN, United States Review updated:
4.15
Phone: 574-217-7660
I was in an accident december 3 i live in a busy street and backed out and got hit. This was during the day . The company refused a rental car. There adjuster wanted to put on junkyard parts on 2003 jetta they said it was the law. After further investigating it was not the truth. I continued to drive eventually the car became uncontrollable. The car in fact was unsafe, but I was forced to drive the vehicle. On a snowy morning I was leaving work and hit a pole head on--due to the uncontrollable car-steering was gone.--had i left the parking lot and that not happened then I work on a busy a road the accident could have been fatal. This accident could have happened at anytime to anyone with my family in the car or someone else's family in the car. This company has not yet settled now 3 months now since the first accident. I am still making car payments now 4 payments and counting. No vehicle now, I signed over to them. Just wondering when they will pay off the accident. So I can get a new vehicle and move on with my life, and a new insurance company.

Comments

Wp
  4th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Unfortunately you looked up the law incorrectly. Insurance is supposed to put you in a position you were previous to an accident. Your car probably had over 60 K miles and that car is completely undeserving of a new part. Unfortunately you are ignorant to the insurance practice. Also insurance needs to useLKQ parts not OEM, your car didn't qualify for OEM parts. Your old car with many miles on it does not make your car new which is what an OEM would be. They would be putting you in a better spot that what you were previously. It is unfortunate that you feel the way you do but you need to do more research. There are also plenty of other circumstances, is your policy new? did you file a police report? did the other party stop and give you their information? did you cooperate? did you give proper information when signing the policy? Many things that could have lead to a delay. Again get your facts straight. It is unfortunate at the time period but again we don't know all the different scenarios that impacted your claim.
Ja
  23rd of Jun, 2011
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Founders as an A- rating on BBB. I can't complain.
Mi
  25th of Aug, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My experience with founders has been similar.

I have my insurance through State Farm, but was struck nine months ago by someone insured by founders. I was fully stopped at a red light, and their client rear ended me at 50 mph. She was arrested for DUI at the scene.

Thankfully, after Founders made it clear that their game was to stall until I became desperate, and because their adjuster wanted to put good money (my settlement money) after bad repairing a clearly totaled vehicle, I went through my own insurance.

Still, nine months later, Founders has not paid State Farm and I'm still out my deductible. I'm told that Founders doesn't believe their client was at fault, despite the DUI, multiple witnesses, the police report and common sense all suggesting otherwise.

Founders Insurance Company Logo Founders Insurance Company