Forzieri Seta / Conned billing

I ordered a handbag from Forzieri.com, was quoted and confirmed the amount in Dollars. To my dismay, they charged my CC in Euros, hence my CC company charged me the usual foreign currency transaction fees. In other words, that handbag cost me more than the price I was quoted for! I tried to contact Forzieri they ignored all my emails to them. I tried BBB, they couldn't get anywhere because said company's headquarters is in Italy! When I ordered the handbag, it was delivered in less than three days; that means that they dispatched their merchandise from their warehouse in New York. I couldn't return the merchandise, because nothing showed on my online CC billing until I received the final CC statement; hence, the allowable time for return was over! I read some reviews from angry customers complaining about not receiving any refunds when they returned the merchandise!

Te

Comments

• Fo
      14th of Jun, 2010

Hi TedI67,

Thank you for your comment.

We are based in Italy and therefore in some cases, if the automatic payment process does not go through for some reason, we try to charge your card manually from our headquarter in Italy (in Euro currency). We always use the exchange rate to the USD of the day, but sometimes smaller differences can occur anyway; a little bit less or a little bit more.

When you placed your order, you were given this information on your order confirmation:

"Please Note: This order will reflect on your credit card statement as a charge by **Firenze Seta** (Forzieri legal business name). Forzieri is an Italy based company and your credit card will be charged in Florence, Italy --in EURO currency-- this may result in a slight difference in price (+ or -) on your credit card statement according to the daily currency exchange rate applied by your credit card company."

In this cases we are happy to refund you the difference or apply a double amount store credit for the inconvenience.

Please do not answer to our newsletter e-mails as those are "no reply" e-mail accounts as indicated. Please contact our help desk via the following link or by calling our customer service at 1800 476 1718 (US toll free, 3.30 am - 2 pm E.S.T.) to provide your order and contact details:

We are looking forward hearing from you.

Best regards,

Martin Ricasoli
    Firenze Seta SRL

PS: It might sound surprising but we really ship everything directly from Italy, we do not have a warehouse based in the US. Three days is actually slightly more than our average, was it shipped on a Friday?