Forest River / poor service and customer care

1 Topeka, IN, United States

My husband and I designed and purchased a new Silverback fifth wheel from Forest River in 2007. Since day one we have had 13 repairs done on the unit, all of which were factory related. 5 non water related, and 8 water/septic related. Some were fixed to satisfaction, and others still remain. All happened under full warranty. To our frustration, a bad musty, mold odor has developed over the past year and a half and has taken over everything in the trailer. Forest River claimed that they could never smell it. Just told us to properly ventilate the unit. Well, over storage time, we installed vent covers, and a dehumidifier/ionizer. The first trip out this spring...the smell overwhelmed every bit of clothing, food, and supplies in the trailer again! I took it upon myself to hire an outside reputable company to give us a written estimate of damages. Well, almost $4000 of work just to find where they were getting readings of 80% moisture still present in our trailer! Forest River's reply...We have fulfilled our warranty above and beyond. You and your smell are on your own. Nice people. We are left to make sure that 80% moisture throughout the middle to upper part of our fifth wheel doesn't turn into mold! Another camping season lost? No way! I will fight this battle to the end! Manufacturer's should not be allowed this type of injustice. Every payment I make on our "dream trailer" gives me a stomach ache.