Ford service / charging for services that should have been provided
I purchased a 2006 Ford Five hundred from this dealership and am very happy with the car. The day after I purchased the car I was attempting to find the code to use on the key pad on the door for the purpose of unlocking the car without keys. I have had this on previous vehicles and this was one of the selling points of this car for me.
After being unable to find the code in the car and in any book I called the dealership. When I could not find the code, I called the dealership and asked for their help. After phone calls back and forth with the dealership I was told that if the code was not with the vehicle, I would need to bring the car in to the dealership, they would then connect it to a diagnostic machine which could tell me the key code, but that I would be REQUIRED TO PAY FOR THIS SERVICE!!!
I feel that this was a "feature" of the car and to ask me to pay them to find out the code is ridiculous. I feel this information should have been with the car and if it was not they should provide it at no cost to me. It would have been different if I would have waited an extended period of time and then decided I wanted the code, but I called the very next day after purchasing the vehicle. If I had known it was not with the vehicle, I would have not left the lot without it.
How can they sell a car one day and then the next day tell you that in order to know how to operate the features of the vehicle, they are going to charge???
I am really upset and disappointed. Further I have asked how much they plan to charge and have yet to get a response as to the cost. I know this only takes minutes to determine after connected to this machine, so it's not like it is going to take several hours.
More Ford service Complaints & Reviews
- Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty - deceiving 
- Ford Motor Company - premature tire wear 
- Ford Credit - reposession 
- Ford Motor Company - fusion battery terminal corrosion 
- Ford South Africa - bad service 
- Ford Motor Company - Service complaint
- Ford Motor Company - Near miss accident due to failure of 2017 Ford Expedition Parking Brake/Park Gear 
- Ford Motor Company - purchase of 2018 focus
- Ford Motor Company - 2013 ford explorer hood issues
- Ford Motor Company - szott ford