Ford Motor Company / ford escape 2010- power steering recall

Quincy, MA, United States

I own A 2010 Ford Escape that has had two recalls both of which were fixed in 2016. The power steering recall was supposedly fixed last year, this recall was for a power steering assist fault which causes the wheel to complete lock up making the car near impossible to maneuver. On this past Friday, November 17, 2017 I tried starting my car after my sons swim class and the power steering assist fault message came up on my dash and my steering wheel was completely locked. My car had to be towed and I'm still waiting for this to be fixed. When I called Ford in Quincy I explained that this was a recall that was supposedly fixed last year so I was unsure how the same exact problem happened a year or so after this recall was corrected. Now I have two children ages four and 6 months, had I been driving instead of parked I couldve gotten into a serious accident for a problem that was supposed to be fixed and that ford claimed WAS fixed. I would find it extremely hard to believe that this issue was not related to the recall. When things are supposed to be fixed especially when it's a recall it should be done correctly and clearly mine was not. Ford service was not only not helpful this past Friday they were downright rude. Explaining that recalls do not get fixed twice and that my car wouldn't even be looked at until the Thursday of next week. This is absolutely absurd to me that a company with as much recognition as Ford treats its customers this way. I have a family of about 30 people and can assure you none of them will be purchasing a Ford in the future. Thank you for your time.

Lo