Ford Motor Company / 2014 ford fusion hybrid transmission needs to be replaced

US Review updated:

Hello everyone. I have a 2014 Ford fusion hybrid titanium edition. I've gone to the same dealer that I purchased it from for all oil changes and service and tires.
I have 152, 000 miles on that car which is 2 1/2 years old. Yes it's a lot but it's my commute car. I drive 160 miles a day for work.
Last weekend my hubby pointed out a noise. I thought alignment. But the noise sounded like rear wheel bearings that failed.
Even the dealership agreed. They change them. But it didn't help with the noise.
And now they're telling me I need a brand new transmission on my hybrid.
I know what a bad tranny sounds like and how it moves. There are a handful of articles on the Internet about 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid tranny going out. Honestly it's very rare. The dealership also said he has never seen a hybrid come in for a new tranny.
I called Ford customerservice and basically they said sorry we can't help you.
I feel Ford should be responsible for
1. the cost of the repair or
2. the buyback program for my car. I've looked on the BBB regarding the auto line for Ford and if this doesn't get resolved between Ford and I I'm going to go that route.

• Updated by Iamfiesty74, Nov 20, 2017

Yes... I agree that the mileage is high, but I was never made aware that my esp was expiring and that it went from rear wheel bearings to a brand new tranny.

Ia
Nov 17, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      Nov 17, 2017

I absolutely don't see them giving any part of the repair with that many miles on it.

As far as determining what the problem is, why not have a different service center take a look at it?

Again, with that many miles on it, it may just be time to trade it in.