Ford Motor Company / 2014 ford fusion hybrid transmission needs to be replaced
Hello everyone. I have a 2014 Ford fusion hybrid titanium edition. I've gone to the same dealer that I purchased it from for all oil changes and service and tires.
I have 152, 000 miles on that car which is 2 1/2 years old. Yes it's a lot but it's my commute car. I drive 160 miles a day for work.
Last weekend my hubby pointed out a noise. I thought alignment. But the noise sounded like rear wheel bearings that failed.
Even the dealership agreed. They change them. But it didn't help with the noise.
And now they're telling me I need a brand new transmission on my hybrid.
I know what a bad tranny sounds like and how it moves. There are a handful of articles on the Internet about 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid tranny going out. Honestly it's very rare. The dealership also said he has never seen a hybrid come in for a new tranny.
I called Ford customerservice and basically they said sorry we can't help you.
I feel Ford should be responsible for
1. the cost of the repair or
2. the buyback program for my car. I've looked on the BBB regarding the auto line for Ford and if this doesn't get resolved between Ford and I I'm going to go that route.
Updated by Iamfiesty74, Nov 20, 2017
Yes... I agree that the mileage is high, but I was never made aware that my esp was expiring and that it went from rear wheel bearings to a brand new tranny.
More Ford Motor Company Complaints & Reviews
- Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty - deceiving 
- Ford Credit - reposession 
- Ford Motor Company - premature tire wear 
- Ford Motor Company - fusion battery terminal corrosion 
- Ford South Africa - bad service 
- Ford Credit - website payments
- Tod Judy ford - truck service
- Ford Motor Company - door handle and window
- Ford Motor Company - sync
- Ford Motor Company - shotgun giveaway from gotham ford