Ford - 2004 Ford F250 / customer service is a misnomer with ford!
I have a 2004 Ford F250 with the 6 liter diesel engine. The truck has had a problem prior to 12k miles. It bucks and surges when going up a steep hill, making a noise that sounds like it's coming from the drivers side wheelwell. The truck has been into Bozeman Ford in Bozeman, MT 5 different times for this same problem. In addition, it has been into Broadway Ford in Idaho Falls, Id for the same thing. With these trucks once they go out of the 36k warranty, you have to pay a $100 deductible in order to get work done under the 100k engine warranty. I assumed this was a dealer charge and paid it in Idaho Falls at about 40K miles.
Subsequent to that, I've practically given up ever getting the truck repaired as nothing they have done has fixed the problem. One service writer at Bozeman Ford told me to wait awhile and hopefully, Ford would come up with a fix for the problem. I took the truck in there again on July 17th and this time, they took the turbo apart and cleaned the vanes. I was charged the $100 fee and protested. The service writer told me this was a Ford charge and not a dealer charge and I could call Ford's 800 number and get my money returned since it had been an ongoing problem.
Well, I called and got a woman who refused to refund my money saying there were too many miles between Idaho Falls and the last time the truck was in the shop. Notwithstanding it's all been for the same exact problem, I could not reason with her. What part of it's the same problem do they not understand. Anyway, I asked that a supervisor call me and today, he did, giving me the same answer that I had gotten from her.
Obviously, customer service is a misnomer with Ford and at this point, it's become a matter of principle with me. Any ideas would be appreciated.
More Ford - 2004 Ford F250 Complaints & Reviews
- Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty - deceiving 
- Ford Motor Company - premature tire wear 
- Ford Credit - reposession 
- Ford Motor Company - fusion battery terminal corrosion 
- Ford South Africa - bad service 
- Ford Motor Company - ford fiesta 1998 ford can no longer service
- Ford Motor Company - 2013 ford edge awd
- Ford Motor Company - 01 expeditionxlt taken to galpin ford for smog issue. they performed incomplete repairs
- Ford Motor Company - customer satisfaction program 18n03
- Ford Motor Company - battery exploded