Foot Locker / no refund!

My wife recently purchase a pair of Nike sneakers from Foot Locker at Plymouth Meeting Mall, Pennsylvania. I did not like the style and a few days later I went to the store in the evening to exchange them. I looked at the selection and did not see anything I liked. I gave the salesperson the receipt and asked for a refund. I was told that due to the credit card being different (my wife's vs. mine but same account) they could only issue a store credit?? They would not place the credit back on my card. While in the store I called the toll free number on the receipt. No one at 8 PM in the evening could help. The help line individual couldn't help me either. The people that could were not working.

This policy is outrageous! I HAD MY RECEIPT AND THEY WOULD NOT ISSUE A REFUND!! Was I supposed to have my wife's credit card with me? I will never do business with the Foot Locker Companies (Kids, Ladies, Champs) again!

Dg

Comments

• Jw
      20th of Dec, 2006

Unfortunately, that is standard procedure just about everywhere. If you want to boycott stores and companies carrying this policy, you might as well never shop again.

9th of Jul, 2009

Be aware that Footlocker also owns eastbay.com and is a very deceptive and evil company, numerous items on their website they do not even have in stock yet they intentionally mislead customers to believe the items are in stock so that they can charge your credit card and get payment, then you are eventually told that the item is not in stock and it will have to be backordered. Corpoarate corruption, greed and deception at its worst. They also try to hide the fact they are owned by Foot Locker, as there is no mention of that fact on their website.

AVOID this horrible company and shop with an honest firm like zappos.com or shoes.com as they offer free shipping, lower prices, excellent customer service, and their websites only feature items that are actually in stock and ready to ship immediately. If an item becomes out of stock, their websites show that information instantly as they are reputable companies, unlike Eastbay who only wants to scam its customers and take your money for items which they do not even have at all. Do not do business with Eastbay, you can find plenty of better companies out there to deal with that truly care about customer serivice and have better prices, and most times offer free shipping and free returns. Eastbay charges you $6.50 to return an item, plus you also have to pay the postage both ways even if they screwed up.

• Bi
      9th of Jul, 2009

Anyone can fabricate a reciept. Their policy keeps things Honest, as not all customers have a charming heart of gold such as yourself. They've had that policy in place for years I'd wager, and they're sure as hell not going to overturn it for the likes of you, because despite what your momma told ya, you are not a special, unique snowflake.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill here; just turn this into a chance to create a romantic weekend w/ the old battleaxe. Make it a date night - movie & dinner. Get the movie tickets, and since there's bound to be a bit of time prior to the movie starting, window shop with the wife and return the shoes. Go enjoy the movie, and top it off w/ an enchanting dinner.

• Ra
      31st of Oct, 2009

Well here is icing!
    I just got back from foot locker in one of VA big malls.
    Went to check out the classic Nike's. The Sales guy was very helpful, to the point he even made me try one of the pairs with a confortable pad inside. He made me feel the difference between the ones with a pad and the ones without a pad. I was convinced that I need to buy the shoes with a pad. I asked for the price of the pad, and he said it is 19.99. I was in surprised. The Nike shoes was for 59.99 and the pad was for a third of that price. I was not mad at the sales guy at all. I actually started joking with him about how a Nike shoes is for 60$ and a pad is for 20$. So I said (with a big smile on my face), can't you give me a small discount just to justify the price of the pad? c-mon man...? he said he will ask his manager. His manager came and joined the conversation, so I was like " can you beleive this?! a pad for 20 and a Nike for 60? Can't you make some discount on this? c-mon now..? I am buying both. He stood there for a second, put his arms behind his back and extended his ugly beer belly (foot locker fit staff! yeahhh!) and he said with a sarcastic manner "... Well no we dont have any discount on it" although I had a Big smile on my face, the manager insisted that there is no discount available (using his ugly tone). I looked at him and said "... are you serious!? you can't give me a small discount?" and he said "..well you can buy the pad from CVS...and it will be for 19 dollars too" and his arms wrapped around behind his back. at that point I realized I was dealing with Jack ### with an Upper Case J and A. I answered back "... well I will buy from WallMart..". I turend away from him while he was still standing in front me. and told the nice sales guy keep the pad I am getting the shoes, and told the manager "... is this how you answer your customers?.." and head towards the cashier's desk. Paid my dues, and left the shop. Once I stepped out (just 4 steps), I dialed foot locker Customer number and opened a complaint case where "customer service went wrong".

I gave them till Monday to return back, other wise this will go on BBB, Ineternet and FOX Report (yes... I work there and my peer is looking for a bad business story during holidays! isnt that funny?!).

All I want is an appology, and not a gift cert. I already bought the shoes I like, and dont want to scam for another one. Despite the fact that was my first time going there, I want to make sure this bad soul dressed in an ugly fat body, learns his lesson, during Holidays and during a bad economy.

We are customers and we diserve to be treated as such. Without our purchases, not only foot locker does not make profits, the entire economy is impacted. Just multiply my case by 100 around the country, that is 60$x100=6K per day loss for such a place. Imagine if 20% of the economy Customer Service becomes like this situation, and the number you are looking at is no more a dent, it is a large one.

Customer service is a profession and not an assembly line job, and it needs good manners, patience and lots of it. when a customer jokes or asks for a discount, he is just tackling and pulling legs. He is not expecting it to happen, but definitely not expecting to have an unpressional Manager with a bad sarcacism respond to him "... you can buy it from CVS..."

To bad Foot locker lost a new client!

• Fo
      2nd of Sep, 2010

I agree foot locker is a scam. They treat their clients with no respect. I SAY DOWN WITH FOOT LOCKER ORDER STRAIGHT FROM THE SOURCE. Foot looker has a lot of brands they offer everything from Nike to K Swiss. In my opinion they are representing these companies. And If I owned a major company like nike the LAST company I would want to market my products is FOOTLOCKER. I SAY WE START A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST FOOTLOCKER. I WILL SOON START A BLOG SO WE THE PEOPLE CAN SHARE STORIES ABOUT HOW FOOTLOCKER TREATS IT"S CLIENTS.AND THE SCAMS THEY PULL..

• Bl