Food City / poor customer treatment

1 Hazard, KY, United States Review updated:

During trick or treat last night I had brought my son into Food City store 438 to get his treat. He is only 13yrs old and was wearing a mask with a fake go-tee. I was wearing a costume as well. I was planning to make a purchase after he got his treat. After he walked up to the express check out and said trick or treat he was very rudely told he did not get a treat because he was an adult. I did not make any purchases nor do I ever plan on going back into this store ever again. If we were treated rudely last night, then we will be treated just as rudely during every visit. Oddly enough I took my son to several other retail stores in the area for trick or treat and there were no issues with his costume. He and I both were treated very kindly. The attitude of this Food City store toward all customers was made very clear last night.

Sp
Nov 1, 2016

Comments

• We
      1st of Nov, 2016

When I was a retail manager, I made sure I had plenty of candy and gave a piece to everyone who asked, child or adult. It made sense to me to do so as my store was providing a good customer service/good will experience. Besides, adults like candy too!

• Wi
      1st of Nov, 2016

Your 13 year old must be pretty tall and loos older.

• Fr
      17th of Nov, 2016

Sounds like an honest mistake was made based on the rules they have - doesn't sound like it was intentional so leaping to the conclusion that "everyone" at all times will be mistreated there is unwarranted and even more unfair then your son - who I guess looked above age?, didn't get candy. I've been to Food City in hazard and have never had any issues at all - they have always been very friendly and helpful - just like the one at whitesburg. Did you talk to anyone in management about it and explain he is not an adult?