Food City / pharmacy

On November 28, 2017 I went into the pharmacy in Big Stone Gap. Before I tell this story let me first say this is where my family gets all of their prescriptions. Leslie Dupree the main pharmacist in charge is an amazing woman! She has a heart of gold who goes over and beyond for her customers. On this particular day I was going to the pharmacy for my mother. This wasn't a routine pharmacy visit she was just getting released from the hospital. I turned in her prescriptions and shopped when I returned the pharmacy tech Adam had an attitude with me because they were slammed and short handed. I told him j had no problem sending my husband to get the prescriptions when they were done that I just wanted to make sure there were no issues with the processing of them. He said I will check with Melinda the pharmacist because she is who is on today because the spelling of your mother's name isn't correct on the prescriptions I said I know I called and was told as long as the both date and address match the insurance card all would be fine. He said well it is up to who is on duty not who you spoke to very hateful. He also told me again they were slammed and short handed o again said I had no problem waiting. Melinda then came over got the script and told me it was illegal and the she would message her supervisor. I could tell by her actions she didn't want to fool with making sure my mother's prescriptions were taken care of. I then just told her since she wasn't comfortable I would just take them elsewhere. She or Adam the tech seemed not to care. I was not happy about the experience. Like I said before my family will stay with Food City because of Leslie and that is the only reason. How I was treated over my mother's prescriptions was uncalled for and very upsetting. Thank you for taking the time to read this! You have an amazing pharmacist who goes over and beyond in that pharmacy but you have a few that are going against everything she is working so hard for.

Me