Flagstar Bank — bad all around
I was propositioned in a Walmart to open a checking account. The clerk was flirting with me while the other male teller ogled me.
Anyway, I ended up opening a checking account. They had a great promotion. I mentioned that I was buying a house. I was referred for a loan and was also encouraged to open a CD. It was only after everything turned into a disaster that I learned the tellers get a commission for the amount of business that is done. What a disaster!
The branch is closing so i can't do my business there anymore.
I was approved for the loan buthe underwriter dragged her feet and money was not appropriately transferred on the closing date as the mortgage lender told me - - - so we had to have a second closing to resign papers.
Finally, the CD has grace periods where you can withdraw with no penalty but everyone keeps giving me a date that is diffeerent so I don't know when i can officially close out.
More Flagstar Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Flagstar Mortgage - fraud and cheating 
- Flagstar Bank - fishy? fraudulent loan and no one will help me! 
- Flagstar Bank - home lending division - 203k 
- Flagstar Bank - making home affordable - someday... 
- Flagstar Bank - absolutely terrible 
- Flagstar Bank - stolen ss numbers 
- Flagstar Bank - loan application runaround
- Flagstar Bank - teller dawn bone
- Flagstar - refused short sale offer even though was the fair market value & instead bought our house in bergen county, nj for $100.00 
- Flagstar Bank - wells fargo transition