Five Points Travel / scam

1 Parsippany, NJ, United States Review updated:

My husband and i attended a 90 min seminar promising consolidator priced travel for a membership fee ranging from $9, 000.oo to 'today only' special of $999 plus registration costs...emulating time share proposals.

We fell for this scam...included was the 'lure' of two nights free at a Ritz-Carlton of your choice...AND...TWO FREE TICKETS within the continental US.

This happenened only late last night and we hope to not only be protected by our VISA card..but, to force VISA to confront these malicious perpetrators of deceit.

The invitation comes to you by mail in the form of a bright Happy Birthday card. Beware!

I sure wish that I had done some basic homework on this.
We are guilty of being not only gullible but also stupid.

Ne

More Five Points Travel Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Se
      2nd of Nov, 2008

If you're looking for complaints about Five Points Travel, look under "Dreamworks Vacation."

• De
      19th of Nov, 2008

I went to a presentation in PA on October'08 with my fiancee and right away I knew it was a scam. The office is a make shift office and as a the presentor was the worst. I travel extensively, 3 to 4 times a year to the carribean and locally about 10 - 15 times a year and the rates were overpriced. I acted like the bad cope and my finacee was the good cope. They hated me by the time I left. The vouchers are also a scam. BEWARE.

• Cr
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Listen to what you are saying...
    Are you any better
    You were the bad cop actually (not cope) your finacee was the good cop (not cope). If you really traveled as much as you say you would of purchased. They do save alot of money I work there and have for a long time, we just bought out Dreamworks Vacation Club
    You are what is wrong with America now everyone is negative and everything is a scam.
    I was told at a young age usually the cheaters blame everyone else for cheating so the scammers blame the everyone else is a scam
    You really should look to do more than than to just type slanderish remarks on a website.

Know the truth before you assume because it will make an ### out of you and me.
    Lets see over 80k members and a handful of clients complaining.

Negative stuff sells watch the news only 5 mins is set aside for good other 25 mins is all bad.
    Im sure your finacee would rather you spend more time with her than typing on the computer anyway.

8th of Dec, 2008

I went to a presentation in parsippany nj and my husband and I were foolish and joined. What a scam this is plus we can't even use the promo gifts. There are so many restrictions. We are so frustrated. Has anyone received their money back or gone to small claims court? That is what we are thinking of doing.

• Fr
      24th of Jan, 2009

Five Points Travel and V.I.P. Travel are both phony operations. I attended one of their sales presentations in December. I sent in the paperwork for the promotional gift only to receive it back voided because it wasn't mailed to them certified. It shouldn't mattter to them if it's mailed certified or delivered by carrier pidgeon. I was lucky to get my check back. Hopefully this comment will prevent someone else from wasting their time.

3rd of Feb, 2009

i thank all of you for educating me and my husband about 5 points travel. i have been trying to call their 215 area code for the past 3 days leaving messages and still no reply. we were ready to mail in our certificate with the money. thanks to honest people i will not mail no money to 5 points travel.

• Df
      5th of Feb, 2009

I went to a presentation on January 22nd. After the presentation they said they were all out of the gifts and they would be mailed out. I never rec'd anything. I called a toll free number and they said someone would contact me which they haven't. I also emailed with no response.

• Ha
      24th of Feb, 2009

I thank you for posting your comments on this company. I looked them up in directory assitance and they are not listed. I was thinking about going to the presentation on Saturday but after reading this I will not waste my time. I will stick with my travel professional from Dreams Come True Travel in NJ and leave these vacation club companies alone.

• Ka
      27th of Feb, 2009

My wife and I attended theri presentaiton yesterday...Like my father always said, "There's nothing for nothing." This appears to be a scam!

• Cr
      8th of Mar, 2009

Did either of you get the free travel that was promised without signing up for the Travel Club?

• La
      11th of Mar, 2009

We fell for it. I did not get any response from DVI. I am trying to book my first vacation. Did you get your money back? I am going to file dispute charge with my credit card.

19th of Mar, 2009

Very Simple:
    Stay away from Five Points Travel. If you were sucked in, try gmeyerslaw.com as he was looking for people who were scammed

• Nj
      21st of Mar, 2009

Hell everyone, I'm new to this site. My wife and I attended an orientation in Parsippay today 3/21/09, and according to this website, it appears that we may have been duked! I was very caution going in but was eventuallyl persuded. The deal included me selling them my timeshare, however after the papers were signed, the salesman told me "fax it back whenever" That puzzled me. At this point, I will NOT be faxing anything over. Now I'm feeling skeptic and I want my money back. I am no longer interested in finding out any more, all I want is my money back. I've been researching and I haven't read anything postiive. The presentation stated this company received a AA rating from BBBB, but my research now tells me differnt, C-
    http://www.aarp.org/money/consumer/articles/scam_alert_low_road.htmlhttp://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business- also see other website reviews reviews/vacation-rentals/five-points-vacation-club-in-parsippany-nj-90021334?&language=1. Everything I've traced back from this company comes back negative and I'm feeling more and more angry. Has anyone received any refunds and what methods, person, phone number etc were used. All suggetions/advise are welcomed.

• Je
      27th of Mar, 2009

My wife and I responded to a mailing where we were offered FREE... 2 round trip airline tickets, 2 nights stay at a Marriott hotel, car rental, $50 gas voucher and $30 restaurant voucher for attending a 90 minute presentation on a "discount travel" company. The presenter Phil is nothing but a b.s. er. He does not answer questions and tries to portray what he is presenting into something it is not. The presentation was full of fluff (they do not want any questions) and sounded too good to be true (when it does sound too good to be true... it is). They have individual consultants (my consultant's name supposedly is Tab??) where they seperate the people into boiler rooms where they now do everything they can to get you to sign an agreement on an offer that is only good "today". They start off at $7, 995 and move down to $5, 000 in a just a few minutes and if I didn't flat reject it so quickly they would have come down to $995. What you are paying for is of "NO VALUE". They do not tell you their last name and do not offer you a business card even after asking for one. TONY MARINELLI (I only obtained his last name by doing some investigative work) who calls himself the Sales Director again with no business card plays the slick Mr. Charmer who is a smooth talker until you start to question him on the details of this scam. He then shows his true colors by getting confrontational. He doesn't like to be questioned and then challenged on what he is offering and the fact that he is lying to your face. In fact, this is a scam and fraudulent operation and they try to distance themseves from the fraud by blaming the marketing company which is owned by the same people. STAY AWAY FROM "FIVE POINTS TAVEL", "VIP TRAVEL RESERVATIONS, INC." AND "INFINITY INCENTIVES GROUP" WHO ARE ALL IN ON THIS FRAUD TOGETHER. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN OR AGREE TO PAYING THEM ANYTHING AS YOU WILL REGRET IT. I am now turning this information over to the authorities to unravel this fraudulent operation and get convictions by fraud by deception.

• Du
      27th of Mar, 2009

Five Points Travel is a FRAUDULENT, DECEITFUL, SCAM. The Willow Grove, PA police should shut them down. I will be filing a complaint with the police, the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office, The Better Business Bureau and anyone else I can think of. I urge all of my fellow victims to do everything possible to expose this criminal racquet.

• Zh
      3rd of Apr, 2009

My wife and I attended a presentation on March 10, 2009. The presentation promises a great service and attractive discounts on travel deals by Dream Vacation International (DVI). We signed up the life time membership with DVI for a total of $4494. Two days later, I called DVI to request arrangement of an all-inclusive vacation deal. I have since then made more than 20 phone calls to either DVI or Five Point Travel, most times leaving voicemail messages. A few times, I got replied calls from DVI. I was told that someone was working the deal. However, I haven't received any real information about any possible deal yet. Now I realize that I might have been victimized by a fraud.

Zhao

15th of Apr, 2009

PLEASE DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY. THE MANAGER(OR WHATEVER SHE IS) NAMED JACKIE IS THE NICEST PERSON U WANT TO SPEAK WITH BUT PROMISES ARE MADE AND NEVER FULLFILLED. LIKE 500$ BOUNCED REIMBURSEMENT CHECKS. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. THEY DO NOTHING FOR YOU THAT EXPEDIA CAN'T DO. THERE IS NO ONE AT THE OFFICE TO HELP YOU PAST 2PM ON SATURDAY AND DURING THE WEEK AFTER 5 YOU GET A WOMEN WHO PUTS YOU ON HOLD FOR ABOUT 30 MIN.

15th of Apr, 2009

BY THE WAY, IF ANYONE HAS TRIED TO TAKE FIVE POINTS TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT PLEASE LET ME KNOW. WE ALREADY REPORTED THEM TO THE BBB BUT NOW WE ARE GOING FURTHER. THANKS

• Jj
      15th of Apr, 2009

We were the victims of this scam by Five Points Travel, (or Dreamworks Vacations International, or Dream Vacations International). Obviously they operate in many different names and locations. I have filed my compliant with New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs and BBB. If you are defrauded, please do not hesitate to file your case against them.

• Nj
      16th of Apr, 2009

Hello All, I have filed complaints against, Five Points... with the BBB, the Attorney General and there is an attorney who is ready to file a class action suite but he would like as many people to come foward. His name is G. Martin Meyers, 973-625-0838; 35 West Main Street; Suite 106; Denville, NJ 07834. I encourage EVERYONE to do the same and pass this information out, especially contacting Mr Meyers. See his attached web link http://gmeyerslaw.com/. If we get enough to move foward, we can shut this operation down and hopefully get our money back. I have been in a few communications with the NJ OAG office and my last correspondences from them is they have been receiving many complains and are about to fully begin their investigation

NJbuyerneedshelp.