Fitness 19 / scam

This company advertised a promotion to come in and try Fitness 19 for FREE for 7 days! I went in to inquire about this and to begin with I waited for over 10 minutes while a salesperson sat less than 10 feet away from me chatting with friends that were their working out! Secondly I felt as though purchasing a new car would have been easier than receiving permission to workout at a Fitness 19 because their sales ploy it relentless! Finally after signing the guest book for liability reasons, which I understand, and a LONG unnecessary tour (sorry but you can see the entire facility from the second you walk in and I doubt people need a 15 minute tour) next I was told random facts about the building (i.e. square footage, building materials), finally when I sat down with the sales person to inquire about just starting my free 7-day trial he informed me that if I didn't sign up for one of their plans then I could work out at this location tonight but it would cost me $10! NICE FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

Let me know how many others have experienced this!

Comments

• Hy
      17th of Apr, 2012

I joined in November with my mom, both of us on my account. They falsely advertised the price and charged us much more than what the signed stated. They gave my mom a "free physical training session" which was really a sales pitch. She agreed to the personal training session and was told she had 3 days to cancel it. She came back in within the 3 days and told them she changed her mind and didn't want the sessions. We went out of town for three weeks and came back to the gym and they asked her if she was ready to schedule her sessions, she told them "no" she had changed her mind. They told her "too bad, we already took the money out of MY account" I was livid, I didn't realize a business could take money from someone's account without my permission. I told the owner Rick (which took forever to get a hold of him) that it was illegal and to give me my money back. He said no, we went back and forth, they pretty much told me that they were going to hold my account hostage until my mother paid for the personal training session (which she cancelled). I told them I didn't sign up for these sessions so I won't pay for them. It wasn't fair to charge me for something I didn't authorize, especially for another person. Rick did finally give me my money back. I went in to cancell my membership and they gave me a hard time. Finally they gave me a cancellation form and I signed it but when I passed it back to them they added a note to the bottom saying that "my cancellation wouldn't be valid until the personal training sessions were paid". That's illegal too. So they are still charging me monthly fees eventhough I signed a cancellation slip and I never authorized these charges. They are crooks!!! I tried to call them and talk to Rick but they would place me on hold and hang up and they said that if I called back they would call the police on me!!!