First Source Advantage / Harassing Phone Calls

1 FL, United States Review updated:

My husband and I keep receiving calls from this company about an account we do not have. Our son set up the account and they have been calling us several times a day from early morning till late night telling us we need to settle this account. Each time the amount needed to settle is different, if we listen to their spill!!! We have asked them not to call us we do not know the arrangements our son made or his financial status. When I asked them why they were calling us, as we had nothing to do with the account they said it was the only number they had. I then politely asked them to quit calling my home and was told they would continue to call and get an attorney and I wouldn't like that. I then said they wouldn't like it if I got an attorney to get them to stop calling my home. He asked if I was threatening him and I said no, all I am asking is that you stop calling and hung up. The rep sounds of Middle Eastern descent and he is rather rude most of the time.

Da

Comments

• Af
      19th of Feb, 2010

Officially, they are not allowed to contact you. You can send them a certified letter, and they are obligated to take it seriously.

• Af
      19th of Feb, 2010

It sounds like you got that taken care of, and an attourney is that next step when they disregard legitimate requests.

I mostly wanted to post that link for people who are currently/still having trouble with this organization.

It is interesting that First Source Advantage LLC can stay in business for so long considering their unabashedly criminal nature. They obviously handle legitimate debts, but they invent fictitious debts as well, and pursue them just as ferociously as a real debt. Whether or not they are pursuing a real debt, they do not follow the letter of the law... but the fact is, they attempt to steal money from people who owe nothing - and I'm sure that in some cases they succeed.

It's interesting.
    I might investigate them and write a book about this if they don't stop harassing me.
    They have no idea how little they want to become my newest hobby. >:D

• Mi
      21st of Feb, 2010

the biggest obligation for collectors are anwering machine --i m a collector and u guys dont answer u r fone on time---so v guys have to find a solution to make u guys paythe bill u guys are debtors and not the consumer so u better answer u r fone or else face the harassment --and then u crib and cry that v keep calling uuuuuuuuuu---no its ur fault taht u guys dont pay ur bill on time -if u wud have been --then v guys are not fool --to call u and haras BE-AWARE--THOSE WHO DIDNT PAID THEIR OUTSTANDING BILL WITH CAPITALONE ---U CANT DENY ALSO THAT V DNT HV MONEY AS THIS IS THE TAX SEASON U GUYS SHOULD PAY UR BILL --OR ELSE FACE HARASMENT--AS I SAID TO THOSE WHO DIDNT PAID THEIR BILL WITH CAPITAL ONE START PAYNG