First Gulf Bank [FGB] / credit card

1 United Arab Emirates

Name : Mani Marwah
Credit Card No : [protected]

Credit card was sold to me 3 years back by the FGB Agent Mr. Amit Gopi with incorrect information.

1. Card was issued with a Wrong name and as a customer I refused to accept the card

2. Card with the correct name was never issued to me even after my complaint

3. I was informed that my card would be free for life which was not the case and I was informed this after one year by the agent when the bank had imposed a fee of AED 500 as card fee

4. I complaint to FGB customer care and requested for card cancellation. They instead of helping me waved the fee off and forced me to keep this card for another 6 months. They issued another card. Again with the wrong name.

5. Again a complaint request was placed for the wrong name but no one entertained the request.

Since a month one of your recovery employee is following up with me for a payment of AED 3, 700. This is when i was first informed for the first time that there are charges due on the card which is expired 6 months back. One of your employees visited my office as well for recovery which was very humiliating.

I have never accepted the card nor I activated the card and the card has even expired now.I was worried on the misuse of the card. On multiple calls and follow ups with the customer care finally they inform me that the due amount is due to the annual charges imposed and not paid. They refused to provide me any statement or information about the due amount on email.
I have never received any statements, nor any calls before the recovery calls(a month ago) to inform me that there is a balance due on a card which never activated and never accepted. The card was registered on a number that I am no longer using. I requested the customer to at least provide me the complaint number for the number of complaints I have placed for this. They refused to provide me the complaint number as well explaining that complaint no are automated to the registered number. I requested them to change my number. They refused to help.

I have changed my Job as well a year back and I am sure FGB doesn't have my updated documents. The card should have been ideally blocked by the bank but it never was. I am amazed how credit cards are active in your system even after the incorrect documents with the bank.

I have changed my Job and im sure FGB doesn't have my updated documents. the card should have been ideally blocked by the bank but it never was.

I had to leave office during office hours and visit the bank for assistance. They refused to help me saying that only customer care can help in this case. and they also informed me that customer care would give you a complaint number. I requested to meet the manager or any senior person for help. They refused to help

I called the customer care again and requested them to assist me for card cancellation. They revert back after two days to me saying that they cant help in any case. I requested for a complaint number which again I never received.

It is a harassment as a customer having the recovery guys visiting your office for a payment of AED 3700 as if I am a permanent defaulter. it was humiliation for me I have never had such irresponsible unstructured experience with any bank. I have wasted a lot of time and energy on this issue. The customer care as well are the employees are untrained. No one knows how to handle any complaints. I was never informed for these charges via call or statements. As a customer more than the harassment that I have faced due to errors done by the bank itself. why should I suffer as a customer???

I refuse to pay this amount and would wish if someone seriously attend to my complaint.

As a customer it was a hopeless experience and I would never recommend using FAB in the future.

Ma