First Equity Card / Deceptive
To anyone out there who has dealt with First Equity Credit Card bank, I pity you. Their practices are deceptive almost to the point of criminal. I was accepted an offer for a card from First Equity at 12% apr. When I received the card the apr was 23%. I decided to keep the card for emergencies only, and whenever I have used it I paid off the balance in full. We'll today I got a letter stating my account agreement was now being changed, that my rate was now 26% and on top of that I was to pay a annual fee of $39. Next it goes up to $49! I asked why my agreement was being changed when I have never been late or never have gone over my limit. Their totally sarcastic customer service rep said they could do whatever they wanted as long as it stayed just below the legal apr rate and that I could cancel my account but would have to make all my payments at the higher rate. I have contacted the states attorney general and have hired a legal counsel to try to get a class action against this company. In the meantime I know there are thousands of blogs about how deceptive to the point of criminal this company is, and now there is more voice to be heard.
More First Equity Card Complaints & Reviews
- First Step Equity - FRAUD FRAUD 
- First Equity Card Coporation - Unethical credit predation 
- First Equity Card - Random denial of account 
- First Equity Card - Shady Business Practices 
- First Equity Card - Damaging Actions and Unprofessional Business Practices 
- First Step Equity - Rental listings
- First Equity Business - Rotten service
- First Step Equity - Don't Get Scamed!!!
- First Step Equity - Goleta CA - Listed my house for lease / Sale
- First Equity Business Card - Non responsive to clients