First Data / misrepresentation of fees

1 POB 5180Simi Valley, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-274-7915

After initially contacting Joshua Willis, Indep Sales Agent for First Data, in their Scottsdale, AZ office about their merchant services/fees, I was quoted $20.95/mo. Upon my first statement with only a $20 customer charge, First Data charged my account $60+ for monthly fees. Willis misrepresented the total fees that would charged to my account on a monthly basis, which has been $60-75+ monthly (with NO transactions). This is fraud and misrepresentation. I have closed my account with these characters and now they want $501.80. A complaint has already been filed with the FTC, reference number is:[protected]. I will also be filing a complaint with the AZ and CA Attorney General and Banking Commission.

Comments

• Th
      21st of Nov, 2010

I signed on with First Data through an independent sales agent, Joshua Willis, out of Scottsdale, AZ who assured me what my monthly charges would be. First month I had a $25 transaction and my FEES WERE $68.56 HOW INCREDIBLE IS THAT. Then another month I had NO transactions, they billed me for the $19.95 statement fee and CHARGED ME $70+ for transaction fees??????? I will be filing a complaint also with the FTC and Attorney Generals office in AZ. DO NOT USE THEM...NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU.

21st of Nov, 2010

As a follow-up to my previous complaint, I would like to add:
    A complaint has already been filed with the FTC, reference number is:28339047. I will also be filing a complaint with the AZ and CA Attorney General and Banking Commission.

If any of you are having problems with First Data's deceptive advertising and claims, file a complaint.

25th of Jan, 2011

Joshua Willis, here by the way you forgot to tell everyone, Irene Phillips in Sholow AZ, that you sell pre-worn panties over the internet and that, those fees were as follows 20.00 gateway fee, 5.75 customer service fee, 6.25 PCI compliance fee, 9.95 statment fee which could have been taken off if you would have gone to www.mymerchantoffice.com, 19.95 Non reciept of PCI compliance. Anyways point is I explained that along with the 25.00 monthly min. Oh and BTW you forgot to mention that you had ADULT MATERIAL on the webiste so you a should have had a HIGH RISK ACCOUNT through ccbill which you would have paid 10% per transaction.

26th of Jan, 2011

Joshua, you are the disceptive one. I told you over the phone I had ADULT material, dude. Do you not know your service that you are selling for First Data? I should sue you personally Joshua Willis for fraud and deceptive advertising and misrepresentation. Oh and by the way, go to my website, The Lingerie Lounge, at www.TheLingerieLounge.com and you'll see that my stuff is tamer than Fredericks...dude Willis.

• Si
      5th of Jul, 2012

Just got off the phone with this so called sales manager...I asked for quotes over the Internet..first big mistake..I've been bombarded with calls for everyone under the sun..I have a list of folks to call back when "I" have time..
    This joker calls me and wants to know when I'll be able to take his call. I told I don't know I'll call you when I'm ready..He was rude and told me his boss wants this leads followed up on..and that he has a job to do..
    So I told if that was the case and he couldn't wait until I had the time (after all I am the customer no?) Then I would take him off my list..He said terrific..
    I then hung up..JERK!!! Buyer beware...Glad he showed his true colors..I might have actually gone with him and his company. which is now Eshelon Merchant Services..