Firestone / Safety Hazard
A few weeks ago I had all of my tires replaced by Firestone in Lake Zurich, IL. Well, the other day I had to drive to Bloomington, IN to help someone move into their new apartment. The trip was fine--until about 11 miles outside of Bloomington, when my car began swerving (and this was a 60mph road, mind you). I managed to make it over to the right side of the road. Upon inspecting the tire, I noticed a lug nut on the ground. It was one of the lug nuts that holds the tire in place. There was only one in there...all the rest had gone missing. With the help of a police officer, I managed to get my car towed to the Bloomington Firestone. There, they inspected the car and told me that the Lake Zurich Firestone had put on the back left tire very poorly, with lug nuts that weren't tightened all the way. Some expensive Audi part in the wheel had been damaged, and the soonest they could get the part in was Thursday. This was Saturday, and I had to return home (5 hours away) on Sunday. They told me that Firestone would cover the expenses. Well, I have dealt with them for three days now and they had made no progress in talking to claims about covering the expenses or getting my car back to me in Chicago. Finally, this morning, I got called by a man at Bloomington Firestone who suggested that it was impossible that the Firestone in Lake Zurich had made a mistake, and that someone must have unsuccessfully attempted to steal the tire in those few weeks I had it. He said claims would call me later today to handle this issue. They didn't call. Based on the guy's response that Firestone couldn't have made a mistake, I think I have an uphill battle ahead of me to get all of the repairs, towing, and transportation refunded.
More Firestone Complaints & Reviews
- Firestone - Overcharge/not living up to warranty 
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - Overcharging and Hiding 
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - Managers Lie to you and Employees 
- Firestone - Manager 
- Firestone Service Center - Overcharge 
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - oil change and other work not complete
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - overheating vehicle.
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - service, oil change
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - "unethical behaviour"
- Firestone Complete Auto Care - overpricing and terrible customer service