FinishLine.com / selling items not in inventory
On December 2, 2008 I ordered a jersey from Finishline.com which was on sale for a really low price compared to other stores.
On December 6, 2008, when the online status showed that the order was still processing, I called to make sure there wasn't a problem. I was told that my order had shipped on December 5.
However, on December 10, when I had yet to receive the jersey I checked the online status of the order. To my surprise, it still said processing, but had a tracking number as well. The tracking numbre didn't have any info though, so I made another call, which resulted in 2 hours on the phone with 3 people, all to find out that they were not going to be able to fulfill my order because they didn't have the jersey in stock. I was told that online orders are sent to individual stores to see if they can be filled. If the first store can't fill the order, it is sent to another store and so on. I was told that they check 6 to 10 stores to try to fill an order. In the meantime, anyone coming in off the street to purchase the items can do so, which is likely what happened in my case. I was told that even though I paid for the item "NO ONLINE ORDERS ARE GUARANTEED!! Well, being Christmas season I decided not to wait the extra week to see if any of the remaining stores had the jersey, since the first 6 did not. I asked to cancel my order and was told they couldn't GUARANTEE the CANCELLATION EITHER!
WARNING - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH FINISH LINE.COM - they will take your money and not fill your order!
More FinishLine.com Complaints & Reviews
- FinishLine.com - stay away from this company! 
- Finish Line - refused to allow exchange of shoes 
- Finish Line - unknowing subscription to sports illustrated 
- Finish Line - refuse to accept return and refund 
- FinishLine.com - credit card fraud
- Finish Line - online shoes canceled/no refund given
- Finish Line - theft/customer service 
- Finish Line - jordan release on saturday 
- Finish Line - sales rep in bloomington in
- Finish Line - confidential customer information given to other marketing businesses