FinishLine.com / selling items not in inventory

On December 2, 2008 I ordered a jersey from Finishline.com which was on sale for a really low price compared to other stores.
On December 6, 2008, when the online status showed that the order was still processing, I called to make sure there wasn't a problem. I was told that my order had shipped on December 5.
However, on December 10, when I had yet to receive the jersey I checked the online status of the order. To my surprise, it still said processing, but had a tracking number as well. The tracking numbre didn't have any info though, so I made another call, which resulted in 2 hours on the phone with 3 people, all to find out that they were not going to be able to fulfill my order because they didn't have the jersey in stock. I was told that online orders are sent to individual stores to see if they can be filled. If the first store can't fill the order, it is sent to another store and so on. I was told that they check 6 to 10 stores to try to fill an order. In the meantime, anyone coming in off the street to purchase the items can do so, which is likely what happened in my case. I was told that even though I paid for the item "NO ONLINE ORDERS ARE GUARANTEED!! Well, being Christmas season I decided not to wait the extra week to see if any of the remaining stores had the jersey, since the first 6 did not. I asked to cancel my order and was told they couldn't GUARANTEE the CANCELLATION EITHER!

WARNING - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH FINISH LINE.COM - they will take your money and not fill your order!

Comments

• Sh
      26th of Feb, 2010

Yes, Finishline got me too. I ordered a $100 pair of Nike Shox online, since it was not in the store. Actually, the store employee ordered it for me and I paid in store. I waited 8 days for the shoes to arrive before I called Customer Service. They told me my order was cancelled because the shoe is not available. I did not get a courtesy call or anything. Oh, I have to wait 7-10 business days ( 2 weeks ) for my debit card to be credited. I even asked for store credit so I could just go to the local store and pick out a shoe. They said No. Now Finishline has my money and I have nothing. So I sent them an email explaining how dissatisfied I am and asked for some type of compensation for my inconvenience. We'll see how that goes.