FIDO / defective lg pad lll tablet / rude representative

Belleville Ontario, CA

Purchased the tablet. It was defective. It won't charge / start. I called customer service and asked what to do. She says to return it to the store where I bought it. After explaining to her that this would not be easy as we live 3 hours from Kingston Ontario, so, could I take it to the store in Belleville, Ontario, only 1 1/2 hour round trip, she consults someone else and says yes.
I arrive at the kiosk in Belleville, a representative by the name of Rick is there. I tell him what the problem is. Right away he tells me that I'm wrong, that he cannot take a look to see what is wrong, that I'll have to return it to the point of sale store. I explained that the distance makes it difficult, not to mention the tine and gas involved.
It didn't matter what I said he refused. I asked him to check out the cord. No. I asked him to call customer service repeatedly to see if they would check my file, he refused. I asked him to call to get an authorization to replace it, he refused. So altogether, I am ready to send this back to you, and cancel the contract. If the tablet won't work, there is no reason to pay for it! There should have been something he could have done. He kept replying with 'I'm sorry, but you have to take it back to the store where you bought it', over and over to any question I asked... I asked him for his last name and he refused. So, on a scale of 1-10, you get a zero. Either customer service does not know their job, or he, the representative in Belleville, at your kiosk, was a complete ###, refusing to offer any solution. I am still left with a $240 tablet that doesn't work. I currently have both home phone service and cell phone with your company, after this fiasco, I'm not sure that I want to be with a company that can't come up with a workable plan to resolve this. Here is my phone number [protected]. I would appreciate speaking with someone who has the authority to resolve this, not a lower employee that is not able to do anything about it. Thank you.

• Updated by Shoppinghappy, Mar 18, 2017

Revised phone number, [protected].

Sh