FIA Card Services / scam
On 5/4/2009, I got a "partially Blocked Caller ID " from [protected] which left a message on my answering machine.
I called the number to find out and they started giving me the third degree and started telling me about their client, (Name Withheld) who owned them money and was past due 30 days. He said he worked for the Tennessee Office for Bank of America. I told him He was not with Bank of America because I just keyed in his telephone number on the Internet and he worked for a collections company, the one listed here.
He went on about some lady, and I told the guy that he couldn't disclose that information which is a violation of the Federal Privacy Act and that it was "Illegal" to block caller ID's.
I Quoted the Law and gave the jerk the URL which is at the Federal Trade Commission at:
The Law is The FCC’s telemarketing regulations under the TCPA also include provisions governing the transmission of Caller ID (47 C.F.R. § 64.1200).
It states., "If you have caller ID, a telemarketer it is required to transmit or display its phone number and, if available, its name or the name and phone number of the company for which it is selling products. The display must... include a phone number that you can call during regular business hours to ask that the company no longer call you.
This rule applies even if you have an EBR (existing business relationship) with the company, and even if you have not registered your home phone number(s) on the national Do-Not-Call list. Caller ID may Not include the words: “private, ” “out of area, ” or “unavailable” might have appeared on the Caller ID display, the Caller ID MUST be there now or its illegal!
More FIA Card Services Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank of America - bank causing high overdrawn account & unnecessary fees
- Bank Of America Corporation - fraud department
- Bank Of America Corporation - credit card
- Bank Of America Corporation - rewards program
- Bank Of America Corporation - location