Fax.com / Illegal billing.

United States, San Diego Review updated:
San Diego
I am still being billed on my credit card months after cancelling. No one answers their phone. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They are a scam.

N  3rd of Jul, 2009 by
I can't send faxes please help this is very important to me. My fax number is 734-212-1445
A  20th of Jul, 2010 by
FAX.COM is a total rip off. I signed up for a free 1 month trial (March 2010). It was just a week after signing up when I decided to call them and cancel the service. I didn't know that I was getting charged for the next 2 months, after cancellation. When I noticed my bank account charges, I immediately called them and they said that THEY DID NOT RECEIVE MY CANCELLATION REQUEST. They NEVER send EMAILS even when you sign up to them, NEVER will they send you anything at all about your sign up or cancellation, so you won't have any proof AT ALL. BUT HERE'S MORE: when you complain that you didn't get any email pertaining to your sign up or cancellation or refund request: they'll say, we sent it to you on this email address (which is correct), and they'll say "do you want me to resend it to you?" And when you say "yes", STILL NO EMAIL WILL COME. They would never give you a refund of your money. NEVER. I called several times requesting a refund and NEVER NEVER would they give your money back. This is one company that is DESPERATE to get your money. Guys, if you still want to try fax.com with phone number 1-888-429-4615, it will be at your own risk.
A  23rd of May, 2011 by
FAX.com fax.com SCAM FAx.comSCAM...!
N  19th of Aug, 2011 by
Never used and billed every month. Tried to cancel
N  19th of Aug, 2011 by
No Hard feelings but hard to cancel.
A  10th of Jan, 2012 by
I signed up because I thought I might need it.. I didn't. Forgot to cancel before the 30 day free trial, was charged 9.99. Then I immediately got online and tried to cancel.. even though you say you can cancel online, you can't. It was a Sunday and it said 'not available" I sent an email saying CANCEL, they didn't respond

I called the next day, Monday, and tried to cancel by pressing option 3.. it said, go cancel online. You go online, complete the form and itr says "sorry you want to cancel, call the office"!!!
Called up, first time spent a while pressing buttons, then was on hold ot speak to a rep.. and it cut off saying the maximum wait time they have is 5 minutes. Tried again, same thing
So then I pressed Sales... got an answer within 10 seconds! that tells you something. I asked for a Manager.. and the woman transferred me to someone in India!!! So I called again, pressed sales, the guy was nice and said I'll transfer you to a Manager in Customer Service... I was on hold for 9 minutes and gave up. ;Third time I got Darrin who was nice and he gave me his email. I sent him an email to cancel and he has forwarded it to the head of the dept of customer relations I assume.. so let's see what happens.

N  20th of Jan, 2012 by
call your bank, ask for the merchant to be blocked from charging your card further, and inform them of any charges billed after you asked for the service to be cancelled. Bank of America can stop future payments from a vendor of concern, and refund you for charges between when you asked to cancel and now. Most others will also. Worst case scenario: ask for a new card with a new account number. It's $120 a year, so it's worth asking for this. They can't charge a new number.
N  6th of Nov, 2012 by
Fax.com finds a way to get your money - You can't cancel! Somehow they seem to have a way of getting into your bank account even after you get issued a new bank card. Don't ask me how, it seems impossible, but they have done this to me more than once.
N  10th of Apr, 2013 by
Be careful when you do receive faxes as well. They "store them for you" and charge you 5 cents per page every month that it is on their servers. Of course default is set to not remove. You can change it but must do it manually. If you do use the service set this prior to or they will litterally nickle and dime you to death.
A  18th of Sep, 2013 by
I signed up for Service and I told them I do not want the automatic renewal. And also they told me that it will be monthly billing. But, they made it automatic renewal and there is no way I can cancel the service on line. I tried calling multiple times and could not reach the customer support. They kept on charging. Finally I could get a person to cancel my service. But, they charged me whole year and not returning the money. They are telling me the agreement is online and I haven't seen the agreement and they keep changing this.
I do not know why federal government is not taking action on these kind of cheating companies. I want to complain to Government on this company and let me know if there is any website to lodge the complaint.
Do not ever ever go to this Fax.com.
A  31st of Dec, 2013 by
This company is a scam. I tried to cancel online and that function was continuously down. After writing customer service requesting cancellation, it took five weeks to get an answer, and they charged me again. The answer was to go to the website. I finally got online just now and cancelled via chat, but it was all cat and mouse, what your zip code, what's the email, what's your fax number, then a massive sales pitch to keep the service. Then when I asked for a refund from the previous month, they just terminated the chat session.

Don't use this service!
A  20th of Dec, 2014 by
I have been a long time recurring, paying customer but that doesn't matter. It seems like my faxes come through, but in the rare occasion that I try to SEND a fax, it seems hit and miss. I have opened cases and I get no call back - only generic emails. When I try to call them I get some generic call center out of Bagladesh or somewhere and no way to reach the REAL office here in the US. I am cancelling, I don't think this is a business you should use.
A  3rd of Apr, 2015 by
I tried to send a fax today figuring that everything should be smooth since I've been getting billed $9.99 a month for 4 months now. When I logged into the site it said I was suspended pending a payment information update. I checked the credit card on file and it was expired --- how the hell were they taking my money? I talked to a service rep on chat and they told me "It was being directly through your bank". Uh... this seems like some clear violation and plain shady billing practices. They further elaborated " Card is just an instrument, when you authorize a card, you authorize the billing to the account associated with the card. We don't change any card details from our end. It is your bank that processes the payment. Irrespective if your card is active or expired or even when the card number has changed, the payment will still go through if you have authorized the billing. You can contact your bank for more details on this." Again, this doesn't seem in any way legit to me. I won't be doing business with them in the future and would recommend to anyone that they steer clear as well.
A  13th of Aug, 2015 by
I've been trying to cancel my account for weeks. First they said I couldn't cancel BC I had an outstanding balance for a month that hasn't happened yet. I paid that now the button to actually cancel won't come up! I've written but no response!
N  13th of Jan, 2016 by
I just tried to cancel and was told that I would have to call back because their system is down. I will call back tomorrow and if I can't cancel, I will tell my credit card to stop payments. If the credit card companies know that they are illegally billing people they won't be able to do business anymore.
A  15th of Jan, 2016 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I just called and was told to call back tomorrow b/c the system was down. I've been charged $100 for a free trial b/c I didn't notice the charge on my account. I sent an email to customerservice@fax.com. We'll see if I get a response.
N  23rd of May, 2016 by
Complete Scam! I called and cancelled the same day I set it up, almost a year later I noticed they are still charging me! They say I didn't cancel, I specifically remember calling on my husbands phone, and cancelling. I'm even able to show on my husbands cell phone statement history that I had made a call to Fax.com one that date. Why else would I call?? This is fraud. Please do not give any account info to this company!! They will scam you!
A  30th of Jun, 2016 by
I have been trying since December to get rid of this. I only used it once thinking I would be able to end the trial and not have to worry about anything. A couple weeks after I signed up and realized I had no need. I tried cancelling online, nothing, and I even tried every browser I had. Then I called the number. They were rude and said the system was down and to callback tomorrow. Nothing works. I have tried multiple times to cancel, I have e-mailed the service a couple of times and all I get is the e-mail I attached in the photo. I unfortunately fell for it which is hard for me to do because I usually research things to death and I didn't this time. So now I'm losing 10$ a month because of these scam artists. When I received this e-mail and checked it, I saw it was in my spam folder with that notice on it which made me realize to start looking these up. I'm about to contact my bank and see if they'd be able to do something or see how I can report this company. I was thinking of trying the customer service e-mail for these people, but I don't think that would do anything. I hope there's a way we can take these scammers down.

N  1st of Aug, 2016 by

Fax.com - Poor Service

I have had them for over 5 years, every time i had a problem is pretty much every time i used the service. and never did they resolve the issue or help.

I dont send faxes all that often, but when you need something to count on, fax.com is not the company to go with. Poor service, poor customer service, there are many companies that will do a better job.

Fax.com Logo Fax.com