FastRental.com / Bad service

After posting my listing to craiglist.com for my vacant home, I received to emails to the email address I specifically used for this listing. The first was from a character name Jeff who proclaimed this...
---------------------------
Hello,

I just got a job transfer, we have been trying to rent our own condo back home. Can any of you recommend other web site(s) or ways to get words out? Our condo has been on market for 6 wks, we are worried.

Jeff
-----------------------------------
A few hours later I received an email from a charater called Lori, who had this response to Jeff...
-----------------------------------
Jeff,

I had excellent responses from these two sites, www.CraigsList.com and www.FastRental.com. Try them.

Premium Option got my ad re-posted daily to stay on top. Adding photos in the ad also made a big difference.

Mine got rented in 3 days, and I am still getting 10 calls and emails a day.

You may also check if your condo is priced right in the local market. If you have not done that, put out "For Rent" sign around your condo.

Hope it helps and best luck,

Lori
---------------------------------------
rentalmanager1.com and quikrentaltoday.com are the origins of the emails and are protected from public view of registrant information. One has to wonder of the overall credibility of this company if they resort to scraping and spamming? Which, btw, just happens to be illegal.

Ri

Comments

• Wi
      24th of Feb, 2010

Amazing coincidence, My letter said:
    Paul,

The best sites are www.CraigsList.com and www.FastRental.com. Try them, I received a lot of calls and emails from them. The Premium option kept my listing reposted everyday.

I noticed after I added photos, I received more hits. I rented my place within 5 days.

As a general rule of thumb, I would aim to keep your rents below market and be open to take in pets. Do what you have to do to make your place as competitive as possible.

Best Luck,

Tina

• Za
      23rd of Mar, 2010

I had the same exact emails sent to me and I believed it as I was getting really frustrated. I had my apartment for two months on Criag's list and still haven't found a tenant. Though my price is right, I can't seem to find a tenant. Anyone knows of a good
    rental website to get my apartment rented?