FastFloors.com / Would not honor price match guarantee!

Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:

The site advertises a 110% price match guarantee. I found a price at south cypress floors in Florida for $17.38. I ordered the tile from fastfloors.com to take advantage of their price match guarantee. The next day I had a voicemail telling me they needed to speak to me. I called and was told there was a problem with the price match and a member of management would call me that same day. The third day after this, no one had called so I called back and was told that when they contacted south cypress floors the price was quoted at $18.60. I offered to fax a copy of the ad from South Cypress with a price of $17.38. The fastfloors representative told me if I did that, they would process my order. I immediately faxed the copy. Half an hour later, I received an e-mail stating that they could not honor the price match guarantee and giving a very vague list of potential reasons why, none of which applied. They actually insinuated that south cypress floors is not a qualified dealer and this is why they could not honor the price match. They said my order and all information pertaining to it was being deleted from their system. I know I don't want to do business with a company who doesn't stand by their own advertising claims. Neither should you!

Comments

So
  12th of Oct, 2009
To FastFloors.com and Kimberly,

In FastFloors defense the $17.38 per piece that Kimberly found online was an outdated price that was being advertised by a company that had gone out of business and no longer updating their prices. We make it a priority to keep our advertising prices updated through the internet but sometimes it can be difficult. Since that price had been listed with this particular advertiser our vendor had raised prices and the new price on our website was $18.60 per piece.

As for Kimberly, we were extremely happy to have you as a customer and it was our pleasure to honor the $17.38 per piece price regardless. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Matt Dyar