Fairpoint Communications / Poor customer service/billing support

1 NH, United States Review updated:

I am not happy that Verizon Fios did not pass in NH and because of that my bundle package for TV is with Direct TV. My billing is all bundled thru Fairpoint and when there is a discrepancy with the bill I have to pay all to include the overcharge and then they correct it for the next month's bill. I have had more problems with Direct TV billing and as a result when I try and to speak with someone at Direct TV/Fairpoint to assist me with these billing issues the problem doesn't get resolved. On top of that I still have to pay by mail in order not to be charged as despite the takeover, Fairpoint still does not have the internet up and running for us to go on and pay/review bills or even email customer service. The billing dept is only available from 8am to 6pm EST so it makes it very difficult to get a resolution. Today I tried to call 3 times and all three times the automated system disconnected me. I didn't have this problem with Verizon before Fairpoint took over.
Because of all of this I am about 90% sure I will be switching back to Comcast. Fairpoint is taking too long to get their act together.
Somehow I don't think I am the only one experiencing this.

Pc

Comments

• Te
      14th of Feb, 2009

I agree completely...this company does not have it's act together. I tried to call and cancel my service on Feb 5, and was told I can't because they are doing data conversion and their systems were down until Feb 12!!! Can you image a communications company with a planned system down for over a week. Honestly, I think prior to this venture, the management team for this company ran a donut shack. I'm still trying to cancel my service, that is, if I'm able to reach them during their customer service hours of M-F, 8-5! I guess I'm expected to be on hold for hours while I'm working. Can you tell...I hate this company. I'm no fan of Comcast, but they're looking pretty good right now, and I'm switching back to them if I can ever reach FairPoint.

• Ag
      24th of Feb, 2009

I have not had any problem with poor service when contacting the call center for DSL support or wireline support for voice services. The service has been much better then with Verizon and unlike Verizon I spoke to an English speaking person in this country not a poor speaking person from India that Verizon out sources to