FactoryOutletStore.comfraud/scam

SCAM ALERT!!! BEWARE

These guys are crooks. I will file complaints with NY AG's office, the BBB, and local police. I found Factory Outlet Store in the Google market place. I bought an expensive Garmin data card, only to open the package and realize they had substituted it for a blank, defective MicroSD card. The product SKU's didnt even match.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Brooklyn, NYI paid Fedex $15 to return it, and they charged me a BS $50 re-stocking fee. When I called to attempt to resolve it, they transferred me to a black hole mailbox with no response.
Garmin and Google should be embarrassed to be associated with a company that systematically rips off consumers.
I have learned my lesson. I will never do business with a small, unknown internet retailer again.

Comments

• De
      Jun 22, 2009
    factoryoutletstore.com

Do not buy from this Internet store. They lied about the product specifications. When I was told I could return the product, they never issued a refund. Pay Pal has been trying to resolve the dispute and the company is ignoring their emails. Do not expect a refund. Do not expect a truthful explanation of a product.

• Mi
      Jan 26, 2010
    FactoryOutletStore

No.1 Product was shipped to wrong address.

No.2 Call to say I didn't get the product because they shipped to wrong address

No.3 Then the company shipped the wrong product, it didn't have the connector to plug in to the car cigarette plug, and would'nt take it back because I didn't have the original packaging. I will NEVER do

business with this company again.

• Yes i agree. They are cheats. Authority shud take action against them.

I bought a new GARMIN 255 GPS and they send across a Refurbished in the same price. Now the only option is to return at my own cost and pay restocking fees.

Google and Garmin shud ban this site.

• Wk
      Oct 18, 2010

I just filed a complaint with the IC3 Internet Crime Complaint Center. I urge you to do the same thing. I listed this website as a source to find others that have been victimized by this company, so maybe if we all join forces we can do something about this company. They have a scam in which they send misrepresented or incorrect products, the consumer is then placed in a position to have to make a return or attempt an exchange and then they hit you with restocking fees. They then have the product back and you are out $$$$. Attempting to resolve with them is a frustrating process of transfers and lenghty holds until which time you finally talk to someone who gives you yet another step to complete and yet they still do nothing to resolve. Individually, we are all out small amounts of money...so, they can fly under the radar as most consumers will determine that it's not worth the effort to try and reclaim a small amount of money. But, when you add all of those unresonable fees together, this company is making money without having to actually release any product.

Feb 04, 2011

They did the scam to me. John in Gilroy, CA

• Dl
      Mar 07, 2011

I agree, I had similar issues! I am so disgusted with them. This is awful!!! It was thier mistake and we have to pay the price. Something must be done. I had to contact the BBB, as well. I hope to get the matter resolved.

• Dl
      Mar 07, 2011

Please help get this matter resolved. Everyone has the same story.

• Si
      May 25, 2011

Poor customer service and no refund if you are not satisfied.

• Ro
      Jul 08, 2011
    Factory Outlet Store - Unfair Practices
    Factory Outlet Store

I bought a set of brand new wireless earphones and FactoryOutletStore sent me a used devise with (i am not exaggerating) ear residue in the ear plugs (see attached pictures) then they put the burden of the sipping on me to send the devise back to them.

I would do it but after reviewing the previous complaints I would be screwed again if the repeat the mistake or make a new one.

They were rude when I called them and verry arrogant explaining me that I only had two options and both required that I paid for the shipping of the devise back to them.

• Da
      Jul 15, 2011
    Factoryoutletstore - Used and Abused
    Minnesota

I ordered a Plantronics Discovery 925 Bluetooth ear bud. It was advertised as "Brand New". When I removed the bud from the case I could see several chips around the USB mini socket, around the unit head and a huge chip at the end of the microphone boom. 20 minutes after taking it out of the mailbox I spent 30 minutes holding on the phone waiting for Customer Service. I was told there must have been a mistake and a "Return" form was emailed to me. Hmmmm 15% restocking charge and I pay the shipping charge to do so. I have submitted the issue to PayPal, and will send the unit back today. I have ordered the same unit from another source.

Jul 21, 2011

I have the same problem, they sent me a wrong BlueChart SD card, and they tellme not refound and don't sended the right one. Is incredible. Could you have any solution? I need a advice please, Thank you. Mahely Zerquera. Miami FL

• Mo
      Aug 03, 2011
    Factoryoutletstore.com - Sold me used device instead of new one
    Factoryoutletstore.com
    factoryoutletstore.com

I purchased a Plantronics Voyager pro bluetooth head set from this site. They promosed me to give a brnad new new device, but the first one I received was an used one. I returned at my own cost. They send me back the new one, ut this time the device didn't response, it was not working. So so so bad website i ever shopped from..

• Fa
      Oct 04, 2011

I DEMAND TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER ASAP I DID NOT RECEIVE A CALLBACK AS PROMISED AND I HAD NO FOLLOW UP REFERENCE THE TRACKING OF THE CORRECTED GPS ORDER. THIS IS A TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT FOR ME AS YOUR CUSTOMER (FORMER).
    I WANT A FULL REFUND.

• Ra
      Jan 05, 2012

Here is a way to fight back. If you're just reading this after you made the purchase - please PLEASE DO NOT OPEN THE PACKAGE!!! Have UPS return the package to sender, or refuse delivery when you see the UPS truck pull up.

Then call the office of the credit card you used to pay for the purchase. Tell them you want a total refund and that you want to file a dispute. Say that you lost trust with the company selling you the item. They will mail you a form to fill out, and they will investigae the matter. Once they verify that, you will get your money back without paying the vendor any restocking fees. Good luck.

• Wa
      Feb 23, 2012

Fraud! Fraud! They are just earning from re stocking fees and they are not actually selling anyhting. When you order any product, they will send you some defective unit or wrong unit, Obviously u will return in your own money and they detect restocking fees which is usually 30% and return your rest. This is pakka scam game plan they have...Police should arrest them immediately and this is their current addrss : FactoryOutletStore.com
    34 34th St

Factoryoutletstore.com - scam
    factoryoutletstores.com
    2609 w 82nd pl
    factoryoutletstore.com

This company is a scam, they have sold me a defective dvd home theater sound system, sent it back having to pay for expensive shipping, and lo and behold the second one was also defective, i am frustrated and dissappointed toeve deal with again. I wrote to the BBB but they are not affiliated, i think these people really need to be stopped. misguided website, defective products, passes the consumer to the manufacturer where the problem gets worse...it goes on. just d not buy online uless it is target or walmart where you can return the product to the store or a full refund no hassle no scamming.

• Mi
      Jul 27, 2012

I experienced the same problem, fighting to get the money back now. The 15% restocking fee is hidden in their website. It will show on the return form when you want to return . They send the defective item plus the refurbished one ( I ordered the new one).
    Mimi Ng.
    7/27/12

• Rc
      Feb 08, 2013
    Factory Outlet Store - Poor Service
    Factory Outlet Store
    FactoryOutletStore.com

I ordered a transducer from "Factory Outlet Store" on 01/23/2013 with a delivery date of 8 to 10 days. They put the item on back order with out notifying me with a new delivery date of early February. I got a notice from my credit card company that there was an on line charge to my account to this company. I called them and contacted a person that spoke with a thick accent. and they agreed to take the charge off, which they did. It is now the 8th of February and I still have not received an email to confirm shipment or an apology for the back order or to keep me informed of my orders status. If I could rate them on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give them a 1. I would advise anyone trying to do business with then to purchase elsewhere. They act as like they could care less if they have your business.

• Fr
      Mar 25, 2013

Same thing just happened to me. I have already called Amex to dispute the charge and will be sending the items back to them later today. I was going to exchange the items before noticing how this company operates. They are a scam and I am appalled at Google Shopping for recommending such a vendor. I will do everything I can to let everyone know of their operations. Ordered brand new items and got completely used ones in return. I now need to pay for shipping to get these used items back to them. And when I say used, I don't mean refurbished. These items are truly trashed.

• Lf
      Jun 06, 2013
    FactoryOutletStore
    34 34th St.
    Phone: [protected]

I've made about 7 calls to their customer service, and still the problem can't be resolved. They twice sent me defective/incorrect merchandise, and I have to pay for the return shipping. Use a more reputable store with a better return policy.

• Sg
      Jun 18, 2013

Received wrong information from the telephone sales representative. He told me that the $179.00 headsets would plug into the telephone I have. When I received the headsets I found that the plug is not compatible with my phone.

I called them back and asked for a refund which they did offer but they expected me to pay for shipping. I feel that it's not only wrong but incredibly short-sited for this company to expect me pay anything at all for their mistake, after all, it was their sales rep that led me astray.

Talking to the customer service gal was like talking to a cork. I'm not sure she was even plugged in.

I'm rating all one star including the price because any price is too high for worthlessness.

I suggest that the owner of this company do a little shopping at Zappos to see what customer service is all about. here's a clue Mister... Lifetime customers VS never again in this life.

• Tw
      Apr 10, 2014

My experience was less traumatic - their prices (despite calling themselves a "factory story") are DOUBLE those at Wal-Mart. That might not be illegal, but DO'T, DON'T, DON'T buy from these low-life ###!

• Bl
      May 31, 2014

Communication was terrible. No confirmation email of my order, which I expected to receive in an hour or so. After 4 or 5 hours I tried to look it up through my registered account. This required the confirmation number. I then called asking for one. Through my email and phone number they found my order. Cool, so at least I’m in the system. So I asked for them to send me an email with the number and a receipt of my purchase. NO EMAIL. The next day Factory Outlet called me asking for clarification on my billing address which is quickly rectified. I again asked that a confirmation number and a receipt be sent to my email. I was assured that my request, along with a notice of shipping and a tracking number would be sent within the hour. NO EMAIL. Long story short, after numerous phone calls and at least 20 emails asking for a confirmation number and a receipt, I received only the shipment notification and tracing number. Some relief, but I then had to send out 4 more emails asking for a receipt. Four days after the purchase did I receive which in today’s time is inexcusable.
    Amazon, Ebay and other places that I make purchases from their
    response is almost immediate. Factory Outlet was by far the worst experience ever. I am waiting on delivery andwill place another review if necessary.

This was my first and last dealings with this company. NEVER
    AGAIN!

• Bi
      Oct 01, 2014

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING !!!
    Sorry bunch of liars, website says say day shipping NOT TRUE!
    Was sent tracking numbers 10 days later that are unable to be tracked.Was told it take 2 to 3 just for processing before anything ever ships.Just another bunch of immigrants taught to lie and take the money!!!
    RIP OFF !!!

• Dr
      Oct 03, 2014

I fell for it again! Why do I continue to shop on line? Everyone turns out to be a Rip-off artist. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!
    Was looking for a Simmons Firm bed and saw Simmons Factory outlet and ordered a Queen size bed. I have tried to cancel my order and even though it has not even been processed they would not cancel the order. I can't believe that Simmons Beautyrest would allow this type of company to advertise as their Factory outlet store. I am 73 years old and hate the way our entire country has become one big rip-off.:(
    I have watched for 73 years as the majority of American Businesses and our Government have gone from Honest to Corrupt and it breaks my heart.
    Dr Palmer

• Sk
      Jan 19, 2016

These people are crooks! selling used defective product as new and then refusing to issue credit once their scam is revealed. I fell for this but am going to Panasonic to get them to be involved. These people need to be out of business!

• Ol
      Aug 07, 2018

These are the worst. They "use" PayPal to gain some legitimacy. Their website does not work. I put in some credit card number into their PayPal link, and I got an error message, several times. Then I bought somewhere else. A few days later I got a shipping notification. PayPal had used another OLD card of mine. Since then, it has been nightmarish. They did not want me to refuse the package. PayPal wanted me to send them money via bank authorization, instead of letting me add on money with my current credit card. What a waste of time and money for something that was their mistake.

• Bj
      Jan 09, 2019

DO NOT ORDER FROM FACTORYOUTLETSTORE.COM _ 1 MONTH SINCE ORDER_NO COMMUNICATION ABOUT ORDER STATUS!

I ordered two pillows from this company and 1 MONTH LATER the product has NOT EVEN BEEN SHIPPED. I emailed the company 3 TIMES to check in on the status of my order and received NO RESPONSE from this company. This company provides ABSOLUTELY NO SERVICE and is a WASTE OF YOUR TIME AND MONEY! Worst experience I have ever had working with an online retailer or any retailer in fact !! DO NOT ORDER FROM FACTORYOUTLETSTORE.COM !!! Rating = (-10) !

• Hi
      Apr 24, 2019

The radio is not good it was all beat up in the mail I am not paying to mail back

• Hi
      Apr 24, 2019

do not get a thing form them

• Ki
      Oct 26, 2019

Scam!!!
    I ordered swing chair and recived brush after 5 weeks
    Don’t deal with them!
    I even don’t want to deal with refund