Factory Direct Superstore / Merchandise not sent

On March 31 2009 I ordered and paid $458 for a Dyson25 vaccum and I was told delivery would be in 10-14 days; after the 14 day time frame I called on many occasions and received several different stories the last stated that for some reason my vaccum had not been sent and would be sent that day (4/20/2009) and I would receive it by Friday.,
After much whining and cajoling on my part I was given a UPS tracking number that was invalid when I tried to track my delivery.
Needless to say it is 4/27 and my vaccum has still not arrived; so I tried to call them again and guess what; none of the phone number work. I think I have been ripped off.

Comments

• Ha
      7th of Jul, 2009

WARNING!! ***FACTORY DIRECT IS A RIP-OFF***

We too ordered a Dyson 25 Animal & after the abnormally long delivery timeframe expired we contacted them and were told there was a "delay'. No explanation, just a delay.

We did receive a tracking number and today received the vacuum, a damaged unit in a flimsy box with a few packing peanuts.

Factory Directs website proudly states that all merchandise is "Brand New Factory Sealed in the Box" Our vacuum wasn't in a sealed factory box, it wasn't in a manufacturers box at all. Just the tlimsy box.

I suspect that Factory Direct reshipped us a damaged return & intentionally packaged it poorly so they can file a claim for the damages with UPS.

I'd suggest that anyone that has problems with this shady internet vendor do exactly what I have done. Give them three days to issue a full refund and provide a PREPAID label to return the P.O.S. or file a chargeback dispute with your Credit Card Issuer.

• Yo
      9th of Sep, 2009

You people are ridiculous. Factory Direct does have a real long time frame, but the customer service reps are great and try their hardest to get everything resolved. Every one of them are good people, its just that what they are told to tell us is what they have to do. Its like laws, even though you may not agree with some of them, you must follow them or you will regret it. They are great and helped me out as best they could, granted I wasn't rude to them for no reason as it isn't their fault, its the company's fault. Think before you speak and make sure you explain that the reps are great workers and try their hardest to get everything resolved to the best of their ability.

• Ct
      7th of Nov, 2009

"You people are ridiculous." Are you kidding? I have not been rude at all and was very nice on the phone.

I ordered a DYSON replacement part October 2, and NO confirmation or anything. However, my credit card was charged. When I called 6 days ago to have someone track it, I was told they have a 48 hour time frame to get back to me. Well, we are now going on day FOUR after their 48 hour time frame.

Fortunately, my credit card is returning my money.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS with these people. Dishonest business with horrible service. They do not deliver and are even worse at communicating.

• Ki
      28th of Aug, 2010

I ordered a Dyson DC25 Animal + Bonus Kit 8/3/2010 and received an email 8/4/2010 stating that the order has been processed and is in shipping. Today is 8/ 28/2010 and I have not received any other emails nor the vacuum. I wish I had checked out the company before ordering. I'll keep you posted.

• De
    Ramsey
    New Jersey
    Phone: 1-800-296-8086
    factorydirectsuperstore.com

Purchased Dyson Vacume on October 25, 2010 through Factory Direct online. Money deducted from my account immediatly for $488.00. Waited the 10-14 days, no merchandise. When calling customer service told to give a few more weeks. Still no merchandise and given rep "Harry" at ext 110, He continued to say Dyson is on back order and to call week after thanksgiving. I did, still no merchandise he then wanted me to check out another brand and stated it was so ...much better...I did and told him I want my refund first...was told he will put in refund request and it will take up to 30 days...I asked why refund would be so long, was told the company process is lengthly...I then waited 30 days and still no refund. I have been calling the 800 number every day multiple times with no human answering phones, voicemails only. I have left multiple messages in customer service, sales, Harry at ext 110 with no return calls...no surprise. I have sent emails every day for someone to respond...still waiting and it states someone will get back to you in 24 hours...stillllll waiting. I have sent a letter to the address stated in there disclaimer as last attempt and my chances on hearing from someone are about as good as hitting the lottery...someone please help and lead me in direction to get this rip off company...

18th of Jan, 2011

I have been ripped off also. On Oct 25, 2010 I order the Dyson DC25 +Bonus for $448. I never received it and called back many times and it is like they have my #blocked. ALL the phones are either full or they say it is after business hours. My first call was Nov 18. I made more calls and finally asked to have the order cancelled with no extra charges and was told by Harry there would be none. He would do it immediately. As of today Jan 18, 2011 I still have not received any thing from them. I contacted my credit card company and they have approached this situation. This company is a total ripoff. My children are hungry and I have recently had my electricity discontinued. I had sat aside this $448 to pay for this vacuum and now I am broke.

• Ba
      25th of Jan, 2011

Still have not been reimbursed for same reason since 11/01/10. HELP!!!

26th of Jan, 2011

Same thing here! Ordered a Dyson on October 20, 10 the money was charged to my account immediately. Two months later still no Dyson. Canceled the order on 12/17/11 they said my account would be credited within two weeks. This is Jan. 26th and I have not been credited with the $429.00. I have tried calling and calling and calling... busy signals are all I get. No response to emails. Why isn't something being done about this company who continues to rip people off?

9th of Feb, 2011

I agree with Marlene K.
    I too ordered the Dyson 25 animal vaccum and paid the $448 for it in Sep. 23 and was told the wait time was extended due to back order. I called and talked to Harry and was told again in October it's on back order. So in November I called back and was told they were still on backorder. I asked for the order to be cancelled and Hrry told me on the 20th of November that it would be done immediately and I would be getting my refund. I called again on the 1st of December and talked to Harry once again and was told that the order was processed and I would receive the money within 2 weeks. Well it's now Feb. 9th and I still have no money. I have contacted the better business bureau and they have the company listed as OUT OF BUSINESS!!! OHH Ok nice. I want a lawsuit filed! Total rip off Makes me never want to order online again
    Joni Odegaard

• Co
      10th of Feb, 2011

Has everyone here disputed the charges on your CC?

• To
      11th of Feb, 2011

I have to say that I totally agree with all the above. However, I really fell for their lame shot at running a business. I ordered a Dyson dc12 animal vacuum upright in May 2010 for $419 and was told it would take 2-3 weeks to receive. However, I didn't end up getting it until July and it was beat to crap! It looked like it had been drug down a freeway behind a semi for about 2oo miles. Luckily, the vac was NOT damaged to my surprise and I did call Factory Direct and they were very quick to blame UPS because they do all their shipping! So, on Sept 4.2010 I reordered another vac because of the great pricing on a Dyson handheld animal vac for $194 and was told I would receive it in 2-3 weeks also. I don't know why it didn't raise a big RED flag when they billed my card immediately without shipping it. I think because I had finally recieved the first one I just assumed they were slow but would fill the order. Boy, was I an idiot! After a month I called and talked to Dave several times. First he told me it was on b/o for about the first 4 calls that I made on a weekly basis. Then in Oct when I called and was really irritated he knew who I was before I even gave him my name. He proceeded to tell me that I would need to talk to Harry (the owner) because he could no longer speak to me regarding my order! I said, why? because you have lied so long to me that you don't have anything else to say since I know your full of crap? Prior to that he had called ME to confirm my shipping address telling my the vac was shipping that day! I did leave a message on harry's voicemail ext 110 and told him what a bunch of unprofessional hooligans they were and also sent an email telling him to just send my freaking vacuum or refund my credit card. I told him if he didn't call me back within 4hrs I would call my visa company and tell them it was a fraudulent charge! In his voicemail they state they will get back to you within 48 hrs and I told him he better call me back soon or he would be sorry. He did call back within about 20 mins and told me that Dyson was a horrible company to work with because they never fill their orders and they never give Factory Direct a straight up answer as to ship times. Apparently, that was a bunch of bulsha!! He told me to give him 2 weeks to try to work it out and call him back right after Thanksgiving. Like a dummy...I did. When I called back he just said he wouldn't be getting in anytime soon so he would refund my card and it could take up to 30 days. I waited about 35 days and started calling them only to get voicemail on every extension and never got a call back. I called Cabelas to complain abou them and since I had let them charge my card it was not fraudulent and that my period to do anything was only 90 days so basically I am screwed! Harry knew exactly was he was doing by putting me off and the very fact that I run a business and do all the recievables and payables I have heard every excuse in the book and should've immediately questioned them charging me before they shipped the product!!! I couldn't believe I didn't catch that. I have filed a complaint with the BBB only to find out their doors are closed and I did give them a different address than they had on file but they told me that hundreds of complaints had been made about them in the last year!!! mostly regarding damaged products and returns that had never been replaced or refunded. I will definitely be on my guard now but feel really duped on this.. Always look for the BBB logo on any website and never allow someone to charge your card until they ship your product!!! A very irritated customer in Fruitland, Idaho :(