Facebook / fraudulent charges

Providence, RI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4014645002

my twelve year old son used my credit/debit to purchase over $600.00 worth of whatever merchandise from facebook site. Now I am having the the difficult task of dealing with the bank and police to reverse these that were absolutely unauthorized. please call asap!

Comments

• Re
      Mar 16, 2011

This company is on facebook as a click on link, which does ask for info such as cell phone #'s I am not sure if I put my # on this site or if it was pulled off through my connection through facebook!!! But this company sent me a link to my Cell phone in a 5 digit code which I opened and saw that it was more or less a trash text so I deleted it without reading the full content of this text!!! With that being said, I then begain receiving charges to my phone that I had just gotten a month or two before which carries a data plan!!! So when extra charges from this text and one other named medical, which was a Dr.Oz link call medical on facebook as well I noticed a large increase in my cell phone bill!!! At this time I just thought it was extra charges due to my new data plan!!! But no!!! Instead it was something that was sent to me that just looked like a link that was sent as an optional choice to sign up or just delete, then when verizon told me of the scam, they said oh no it is a link that if you do not post back STOP back to this sneaky lil site then it begins a monthly service charge of $9.99 !!! Which has been added since the beginning of my new data plan, up to the amount of approximately $100.00!!! I now have my account blocked from all of these sites, but am still out $100.00!!! I want my money back!!! I feel that this was a sneaky underhanded way of tricking the consumer to take advantage of people who facebook for fun!!! Thank you

• Tl
      May 03, 2011

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem with getting your money refunded. I may be able to help you with a little more information from you. I may be reached at [protected]@gmail.com. My name is Thomas. I did some business with a company and paid 2495.00 for services which I never received and found someone that helped me recover it quickly and with no upfront fee. All the best to you

• Si
      May 03, 2011

You are not going to get that money back unless you want to report your son to the police. He is a minor and under your responsibility as it is, so essentially, in the eyes of the law you are responsible for his actions. How about you don't let a twelve year old use your credit card?

• Po
      Jun 19, 2018

my God I just got a Tex from my Bank telling me the Face Book just charge me 99.99 Dollars to my credit card
    I have use my credit card on face book like 2 or 3 times the last time was like a month, I never going to buy nothing from face book any more is not safe.thanks God for Bank of America they take care this problem.
    and for me using face book I will cut it' down to one time a month, or less.