Experian / 'Free' Trial of Credit Expert
I applied for a free credit report from Experian - Credit Expert and decided to cancel it the same day. I emailed the Company and received a response to say they were looking into my email. I then found my credit card had been charged £6.99 and after a lot of searching, I found a freephone contact number for Experian and rang them. They said I could not cancel via email (funny the email I received did not say this!) and had to ring to cancel. They then agreed as a'Goodwill' gesture, to refund the latest monthly payment (which was news to me!) of £6.99. I then found I had already paid £6.99 which they have held onto. I would not knowingly have applied for anything with a monthly charge as I only wanted to have a quick glance to see if it was worth it and decided it was not. I believe this to be another scam as it is not made clear from the outset that you can't cancel the product other than by telephone and by then it is too late as they have your credit card details and take out the money!
More Experian Complaints & Reviews
- Info Experian Direct - charging acct and now acct bounced due to the charge. no permission to charge acct. 
- Info Experian Direct.com - charges to credit card 
- Experian - $19.95 debit appears for no reason! 
- Experian - Creditreport Infoexd.com - Auto CC billing 
- Cic Experian - Scam-bad customer service, unauthorized charges! 
- Experian - fraud
- Experian Information Solutions - website
- Experian - credit bureau
- Experian Information Solutions - can't get anyone to answer the phone, fax, chat, email... nothing!
- Experian Information Solutions - Terrible