Expedia.ca / horrible customer service

Canada Review updated:
I have recently spent over 5 hours today waiting to speak to a customer service representative. In the last 3 days in total my family has spent over 13 hours waiting to speak to a customer service rep. No one has talked to a human being in that time. The fact that you have to listen to elevator music during this time is bad enough however given the fact that I am spending my hard earned money on this company I would have thought that within 5 hours someone would have talked to me. I laugh when I read on their site for "immediate assistance" call 1-888-expedia. I thinkthey need to change that statement to "if you feel like wasting your time and listening to horrible repeative music call".... I would just like to put out there that I am never using this company again and would recommend the same for anyone else. The fact that they can not meet the demands of the company does not speak highly for them. I have definitely learned my lesson and am putting the word out to many people not to use expedia. All I can say is thank god for speaker phones!

Comments

Bo
  6th of Oct, 2008
Exepdia.ca has the worst Customer Service skills ever. Their agents are supposed to be "trained" for all the information with their company. However, agents give out WRONG information to customers and company doesn't want to be responsible for it.

I called in to ask for information about my future credits on my account and asked for the expiry date. Then later I called in to book a trip, the agent told me I DON"T have any credits. I told them when I called early your agent told me there's credit doesn't expiries till 1 year. They told me the agent gave out the wrong information and too bad, there's not they can do. The company is not willing to help customer solve problem, they don't want to lose money or use their brains so they told me there's nothing they can do! They won't let me speak to their manager. This is horrible services!
Br
  2nd of May, 2010
I agree with every word said, I have been trying to talk to a human being about our flights to Bangkok for over a week, even sent emails (got no reply)
Dr
  18th of Oct, 2011
During the chaos that ensued during Hurrican Irene my wife and I were stuck in Spain. We had traveled to San Sebastian from Barcelona and were informed that we needed to cut our vacation short due to the storm and not knowing what the conditions of all airports would be in the following days. Panick erupted thousands of people flooded the telephone lines of Expedia. Being on hold for way over an hour without any update of how much longer I'd be on hold, my phone died. My hotel attempted to call the airline directly to book us new tickets a day earlier and see what our options were. After nobody picked up, we decided to book a new flight and worry about the details when we got back to the states.

When I called Expedia (who is acting as our travel agent) I had two 1+ our long conversations with customer support located in the Phillipines. They had told me that the only thing they can do is try to contact the airlines directly. After a 25+ minute hold time I received the same response that they weren't able to get through. I have written Expedia multiple emails detailing my frustrations and situations with them. The automated response I received was nothing short of inhumane. I will not ever use this travel site again and encourage others to find alternate ways of booking travel because if something goes wrong you won't be able to talk to a human for over 2 weeks.

Expedia Logo Expedia