Expedia & Iberia Airlines / I am still waiting for the refund

On september 30/2005 I bought two tickets from expedia to travel on december 29 2005 to madrid. On october 2005 my husband had an accident with cerebral hemorrhage. I call expedia to cancel the trip and they told me that I have a year to use the tickets due to the situation. My mistake was that I believe what they told me.

When I asked again for the refund they ask me for a doctors letter. I sent all the papers they ask me for via fax [protected]. On june 7 I ask again for the refund and they said to me that it takes 2 or 3 billings periods to be reimbursed to my credit card. I am still waiting for the refund. When yesterday I sent an e-mail to them asking for the refund. They told me that I have to talked to iberia at [protected]. Then I call iberia and they told me that I bought the ticket thru expedia and they are the one who has to gave me the refund. I think that they are playing pi-pon with my situation.

If anyone can help me with this I will appreciated very much. We are a retired couple. If you have any questions please contact me via e-mail or telephone
305-984-7sss. Thank you.

Comments

• Ed
      26th of Nov, 2006

I am in a similar situation and I've called once already but I've seem to have lost the address of where I'm supposed to send the doctor's papers. Could you email the address to me at latina0206@gmail.com ? I'd greatly appreciate it.

2nd of Jul, 2007

I also had a bad experience on an Iberia flight, IB 3166, 29th June 2007, 16:30.
    We had already spent 2 days traveling back from Peru and were on our last flight from Madrid to London Heathrow.

We were on the tail end of the queue for boarding, so when we climbed aboard the plane we discovered our designated seats had been filled with other passengers. We looked about in economy for empty seats, but there were none.

We decided to walk to business class and sit at the very back. A few moments later the air stewardess in business class came over to us and asked to look at our tickets. We explained our seats had been taken in economy and these were the only seats empty. She then very rudely asked 'Do you want ME to find you a seat?!' Jana replied, 'Yes please.'

We followed the air stewardess back into economy where, of course, there were no empty seats, and then left us stood in the gangway in front of all the other economy passengers and went back to tend to the business class passengers. After 5 minutes I started to get quite angry at the way we were being treated. After all, we were fare paying passengers and had originally been given a designated seat number. I asked an air steward if we could take a seat as we had paid for one on the flight, and if we sat in business class they did not need to serve us any drinks or food. He said very little and went up to business class.

Finally the air stewardess came back into economy and moved a lady in the front row of economy into business class and seated Jana in her seat. I was then split from my friend and placed in business class on my own. Bizarre.

Why give passengers a boarding pass with a designated seat number, only for it to mean nothing when boarding the plane? No apology was given at the lack of seats and we were made to feel unnecessarily awkward for no reason.

Also, why split myself and my friend up for no apparent reason, by moving another lady from her seat? I did look for the air stewardess as we disembarked from the plane at Heathrow so I could ask for her name, but she was nowhere to be seen. She was not even there to say goodbye to her business class passengers.

When I arrived inside the terminal, I then discovered my luggage had been lost. I then queued with many others whose luggage had been lost on the flight at the Iberia desk which had only one member of staff dealing with us all. Nobody else was there to help, and therefore it took well over an hour.

Sara Challice.

• Re
      12th of Dec, 2007

First of all...look at who charged you for what..then if you read the rules before you buy your trip...clearly states that they only charged you 5 dollars...no offense...but they just work between us and the airline. when i bought my flight..it was through expedia..but on my credit card it showed 5$ to expedia.com and the rest went for delta airlines. Besides... you can always dispute this as well.

• Ca
      16th of Apr, 2008

It has been almost 2 years since i was garuanteed a refund from Iberia airlines. After claiming they had "sent the refund" it took them more than a year and a half to admit that it was never put into my account...and then I was told that I would recieve it immediately...that still has not happend 6 months later... believe me I have tried everything i could think of to get it back. Before I take it to court please let me know if you have any suggestions...

Carlierae24@hotmail.com

• Kr
      2nd of Jun, 2008

Helou

i'm from Slovenia and i have problems with Iberia too...

Can you help me and tell me what did you do... i write to iberia and they said to me i don't get a refund. But i have a ticket which says that flight was oversoled... what is my next move...

• Sh
      5th of Jun, 2009

Iberia sent me an email saying they could not process my details, that I should contact the airline or make a new reservation. So I contacted the airline and the sales lady told me I had not successfully purchased the reservation. I had to get a flight out on the date I had intended to travel, and so went ahead and made a new reservation. Now my credit card has been charged twice.
    I still have the email but I think that airlines are very hard to obtain a refund from. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? What should I do? I'm so annoyed.