EVONYBlackmailing and allowing criminal behavior

Threatening to close accounts as blackmail

Last week my ip was stolen by a man who is in an enemy alliance (to me) in the online game, Evony. Evony is a wealthy company that has hundreds of servers and many paying to play members. A package on evony costs $30.00 for the typical sized package though they have larger packages exceeding $1, 000. I myself am a paying player, I used to buy more packages than I have in the past few months. Evony has always been known for their stingy ways and poor customer service but recently has outdone themselves to me. Before i get started on the details let me say this, I have found no working phone number or means to communicate with anyone in charge at Evony other than one man (Thalin aka Phil) who lets people dip their hands in the cookie jar and does not treat his customers fairly.

This same man who stole my IP is also a player who monopolizes the server, running thousands (yeah i just said THOUSANDS) of accounts to feed his main army, hacked my net so that a person in his alliance could hit me. This man has been to federal prison for hacking hundreds of military and government webpages while working as one of the leaders to a group named "world of hell", a group of hackers who pride themselves in being able to hack even the most secure sites. According to the federal probation and parole board located here in SE Virginia, this man is currently no longer being supervised by the federal government. Now aside from feeling very violated over someone tampering with my computer and my internet connection I am outraged at the way evony customer support has been treating me. They have ignored my complaints and closed their eyes to the evidence i have submitted to them. I was in a voice call when it happened and I saved screen shots of the skype conversation. Later that day i got passed a screen shot of a conversation in this mans alliance where he not only admits to doing it but brags about it as well. I reported this in detail to evony and they have refused to do anything even though this player clearly has broken not only their rules and tos but also the law. I should mention that 98% of the people on my server run bots because evony has allowed people such as this man, game name mistake, aka hacker, and a few others like him to utilize every possible cheat, hack and exploit and the rest of us are forced to run bots just to try to stay alive from this massive rule breaking player. Anyway after a few mails back and forth with evony, and submitting ALOT of legit, indisputable evidence I received this mail today:

"Phil · Dec 12 2012, 01:18 PM

Greetings,

There are a few things going on here. First any data you send us from 3rd party sources can be doctored and we cannot take action on it. 2nd as we already stated to you if you use Bots other players can have your login data.

Which brings us to our 3rd point, are you serious? Your using a bot, your alliance is using bots, your already sharing your accout info with your alliance. How many more rules are you going to break.

In case you are not the brightest tool in the shed, we will tell you one more time, contact your local police department if you feel any laws have been broken. We cannot take action on skype, or on conversations recorded using cheat software for our game.

This account is also now on final warning status, if anyone but you accesses the account your account will be closed, if you break any rules your account will be closed.

CSR Thantium"

I am too afraid to respond as I dont want to see my account closed after the time and money I have put into it. But wow. I find it sickening that this company not only ignores crime going on through their server but enables it by allowing this player to continue his unfair rampage in a game that other pay far and would like to enjoy too.

Comments

• Re
      Mar 24, 2013

On December 26 (2012), the exact same thing happened to me, though my logins were never shared and i had security features in place (security code, secondary email), someone accessed my account. I was online when this happened and at first just refreshed thinking when my game froze it was because once again Evony's servers had crashed...Upon refreshing i got the "invalid password" bubble..so went through and contacted Evony to reset the password..I logged fine, once the password was set back up..but within seconds was booted off my account again, game froze..and again when i refreshed up popped the "invalid password". I, again, went through and retrieved the password..At the same time using the "contact us" option to inform Evony something was wrong...
    Got my account logged, and was promptly booted again..Now at this time my account was intact, 9 cities all my main heroes (the #3 level attack hero on the server as well as a lot of 600-1k attack and 2 instant wall heroes). This time when i retrieved my password i was horrified..whoever had accessed and kept accessing my account had barbed 7 cities-including my war city- and dismissed a lot of heroes...I was booted within less then a minute but i had time then to reset the security code so they could not dismiss or abandon cities/troops...
    A total of 6 password changes happened during a 45 minute period, at which time i had contacted Evony 3 times during this time to get them to stop this creature from accessing my account...Seems the perpetrator had hacked my security code and reset my secondary email and was able to counter my password retrievals with his/her own.
    To others who do not play Evony it probably doesn't seem such a big deal, but i have spent a lot of money on my account in the past 3 years..my heroes i worked from day one and were a testament of my commitment to my account, the game and my alliance members..there are over 300 fund transactions i have documents for payments to Evony..
    I contacted Evony all through the time this was happening and in the following days, weeks and months..I was assured my account would be restored multiple times..Though i did have "Phil" try to bully me and resort to lies in a few contacts he and I had..I think I have worked through all 5 of Evony's Customer Service Reps..or at least their automated generic replies..I submitted all the information the demanded, as well as the email confirmations of all 6 password changes..
    Within the first week they did put 1k experience points on one of my existing Heroes...and still maintained they were working on my issue and that i needed to be patient.
    I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and they have contacted Evony and received no replies.
    It has been 3 months now, i am still contacting them every few days..Still receiving "Please be patient we are working on your issue"...And still not restored. I have asked for reimbursement or restoration at this point..and have told them i will be pursuing legal action in the next week.
    The frustrating part of all of this is TWO accounts have been full restored since mine was hacked...One was reset by the host of the account owner, who ran the account more often then not..The owner contacted Evony and even though had not played in a long while and someone else was running his account..His account was restored within 30 days...The second player reset his own account for the THIRD time and within 7 days Evony restored it completely.
    To say the least Customer Service is lacking and favoritism is very active in Evony..I am giving them this next few days to restore my account then will pursue legal actions as it was their security features that totally failed to protect my account.