EverHome Mortgage / Forced Placed Insurance

1 FL, United States Review updated:

My mortgage loan was sold to Everhome Mortgage last year and since then it has been a complete disaster! For the 2nd year in a row, they have screwed up on my homeowner's insurance. I have escrow, so it's their responsibility to submit payment. In February, 2010, they submitted a payment to my insurance company. I saw the withdrawl on my escrow account. In June, 2010 I saw the same amount being credited back to my account. I called to see what was going on and they could not tell me. 2 weeks later, I received a letter stating that I did not have insurance and that they were going to force place. I immediately called and they said that my insurance company had returned the check back in MARCH. I did not receive any notice from neither my mortgage company or insurance company, but went the following day and obtained insurance. After faxing them the new policy 5 TIMES, they finally updated my account. A month later, they hit me with $35oo for forced placed insurance. Even though they sat on the check and did not notify me, they are holding me responsible for the months my property was not covered. They screwed up and not my payment is almost $200 higher. I am in the process of seeking legal representation because this is just ridiculous. I spoke to some Michael idiot today and he started the conversation by "as a courtesy I am taking your call. I have more experience than most people here." What a ###! Then he proceeded to tell me that it was not their problem. Don't EVER do business with them!

Comments

• Ro
      Nov 13, 2010

Don't waste another minute of your time with them. Get you an attorney. Two yrs ago they forced place a policy that cost us 5K. We weren't paying attention. Since they bought our loan in 2007 it has been grief. They haven't been exposed too much in the current foreclosure fraud. I think that is going to change soon. Where there is smoke... We retained a lawyer for a suit on standing yesterday. I'm gonna let my a attorney deal with them. I feel FREE!

Nov 17, 2010

I rec'd. a letter from Mr. Michael Wood from Everhome. His letter was in response to correspondence from HUD. He actually had the "nerve" to point out my "undated" letter to my senator. Now they want to offer me a good faith gesture and place our foreclosure on hold until we look into loss mitigation options. The time has long since passed - Everhome failed at their servicing responsibilities. Making an error in the escrow calculation and foreclosing on a home is "performing its servicing responsibilities appropriately and in good faith". Good one Mr. Wood!! I truely pray that this servicer gets some attention paid to it soon. I hope everyone blessed dealing with the company has called/written their attorney general.

• He
      Dec 09, 2010

Jodee,

The same thing happened to us in July. Our insurance provider faxed them the bill so Everhome could pay for it threw our escrow. After checking our escrow statement it said homeowner's insurance paid in the amt that was supposed to be due to our Insurance. Then in Oct the money was put back in our escrow and a few weeks later we recieve a letter stating they have found home insurance for us until we can provide one. Of coarse this insurance is like 1k a month (so they are charging us 3k). After talking to several people and being transferred they said they would send it to the research department to be looked at, which I figure means nothing. It is there responsibilty to pay the home insurance. A bill was sent by my home insurance and they did not do thier duty to pay the insurance, and then they said that we were covered under their insurace company, yet we did not recieve any info on this supposed policy until they noticed it was missing in Nov. FRAUD...FRAUD..You cant back date insurance and that is what they are doing! Please let me know if you were able to get your money back, or what steps you are taking.