Evans Halshaw Ford / Used car

1 birmingham roadWolverhampton, England, West Midlands, United Kingdom

we brought a used renault scenic from this dealer in feb 2013.we had the car for 2 weeks when i noticed i had a serious oil leek.on checking i also had oil in the water.i rang them up and was told a breakdown truck would come to collect.waited all day and still no sign of the truck i phoned back up and was told they couldnt contact him as he was driving on the motorway.god nows how long the motorway was or how he managed without taking a break.he didnt turn up till the next day which was a saturday.he asked what the problem was he then went on to tell me there was plenty off oil in the car and the oil in the water was just solution of antifreeze and water.me being a mere woman he must of thought i didnt know anything.i told him it was probably the head gasket but he said no.i then said just take the car and i would deal with the garage.i was phoned by the service people and was told it would not be looked at till monday i asked about a coutesy car and was told there would not be any till the end of march.on the tuesday i still hadnt heard anything in spite of my husband contacting them a few times i contacted them and was told the pick up guy said there was no oil on my drive and he didnt think there was nothing wrong.so i said so you believe him instead of me and his reply was he is a trained mechanic, is attitude towards me saying he was a manager was appalling.in the end my husband went down and demanded to know what was going on.they admitted the head gasget had gone(dont give up your day job pick up driver) and it would be about a week to mend after a lot of argueing they gave in and gave me a used car to go to work and back in.nearly 2 weeks later(today 3/4/13) i went to fetch my car back.i asked for paperwork to prove the work had been done but they said there wasnt any.i then asked about gaurantee for work carried out and there responce to this was it was under the warranty so there is no gaurantee the gaurantee they gave me when i brought the car was 30days half of which was spent in there garage.i was gobsmacked at there no caring attitude.i have always gone to small garages to buy my cars and have had more respect of them when i have had a problem than these so called investors in people large well known garage.i wished i had read the complaints before i brought and i would definatly of thought twice.

Ro