Europcar Rentals In Queenstown, NZ — unathorized charge in credit card
Beware when you rent a car from Europcar from New Zealand.
I rented a car from Queenstown from 05-16-09 to 05-21-09, and I got ripped off. I payed using my mastercard before we took the car out of the lot. I agreed to pay the amount in full. Everything went well but a month later there was a charge of 56.25 from Europcar. It was charged to my card the same day I turned the car in which was 05-21-09. I never agreed or authorized that payment. I send am e-mail about the charge. Two days later, I was told because I had used the snow chains in the car. First, I never used them because I never had problems with ice on the rode. I did inspect them but never used them. They said the tape on the box was broken so I was charged. I send an e-mail about getting a refund to Daniel Goodsir the manager but never heard from him and never got my money. There was nothing in the contract, and I was never told about the chains. If i was told about them, I would never even touch them.
Also the service was bad and very unproffesional. The clerk was rude and did not seem to care for there guest. The car was dirty when it was given to me. I would never use this company again. They have lots of complains in customer reviews. I wish I would of check the reviews first. Be careful if you choose this company. You might find a surprise when you get your statement
More Europcar Rentals In Queenstown, NZ Complaints & Reviews
- Europcar - fraud and cheating! 
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam 
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle! 
- Europcar - damage surcharge 
- Europcar - charged vat on a rental advertised as being 'vat included'
- Europcar Italy, Trento - unauthorized credit card charges, unethical behaviour
- Europcar International - fake additional discharges-rental 4500330924 dr49153-15/03/2019 
- Europcar International - refund
- Europcar - damages not caused by me