Europcar Nz / worst customer service

1 New Zealand Review updated:

The worst ever customer service I have ever received from a reputed car rental company called Europcar. I made the bookings online which entitled me to a discount of 10% as compared to bookings made over the phone, just to end up at the car pickup point to know that I am not eligible for that discount as they are not aware of any discounts which I was supposed to get! - Worst communication in the organization.

Secondly, I returned my car 2 days earlier than I was supposed to (which was done after talking to their customer service representatives over the phone) entitling me to get a refund of around $160. I have been calling Europcar helpdesk continuously from the past 15days about that refund just to hear people lying to me that the refund has been credited to my account online 10days back! Most of all, the representative named Daniel (working in wellington, as told to me by the picton branch manager) is so rude and says that the claim will be handled through New Zealand branch and says that is he is in Australia, bloody liar. When I call Australia they say that New Zealand offices will refund it, New Zealand people say that Australia will refund it, just making me a fool.

It's just a matter of $150 but the company has earned itself the worst reputation and I WILL MAKE SURE THAT I SPREAD THE NEWS TO ALL MY RELATIVES AND FRIENDS ADVISING THEM NOT TO MAKE ANY RENTALS THROUGH EUROPCAR.

I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO MAKE A FORMAL COMPLAINT IF THERE IS A CHANNEL AND SOMEONE COULD ADVICE ME HOW TO DO THAT. Please mail me on [protected]@gmail.com and I will really appreciate your help.

Advice: NEVER EVER USE THIS ### COMPANY EUROPCAR, They SUCK.

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

15th of Feb, 2010

Here's more. I recently hired a car from Europcar. I had reduced my insurance excess to maximum of $338 & yet they charged my credit card account the full $1200! I have been writing mails (4 reminders in a week) but have not got any reply from them. There's much more but I guess there's already more than enough reason for anyone reading this not to opt for their services.

• 80
      26th of Nov, 2009

I agree. My partner and I rented a Europcar in New Zealand and returned it on the day it was due to Christchurch International Airport. We checked the car and it was clean and not damaged in any way. There was no one at the service desk and a sign directed us to leave the keys in the chute because the desk was unattended. 2 days after arriving back in Australia, my partner noticed a charge of over $300NZ on his credit card. He rang the company to complain and they claim there was a scratch on the passanger side door, which couldnt be buffed out, so they charged us for the "damage". I am absolutely disgusted that a car company can take advantage of 2 tourists the way Europcar NZ has taken advantage of us. There were NO scratches on the car when we returned it. Europcar has made completely false accusations against us and I have been telling everyone I can NOT to go with them because they are the worst hire car company.

• Eu
      15th of Oct, 2009

I should have read the hundreds of horrible reviews about Europcar before I rented my car in Australia. Everything was fine, everyone was nice until I returned the car and they tried to charge us extra because we returned the car a day early even though we had been told that we'd get a discount if we returned the car early. Then, they charged me $84US for leaving some sand in the car, which they said required the car to be steam cleaned. They didn't tell me about this charge when they inspected the car when I returned it, but all of a sudden this charge appeared on my credit card statement! So, I contested that with my credit card company. Then, since my credit card company is disputing the charge, they tried to falsely charge my credit card AGAIN 6 weeks after I'd returned the car. Thankfully, my credit card company, now on to the wiley ways of Europcar called me because they suspected it was fraudulent. How is this company still in business?

• Sh
      25th of Jul, 2009

I agree - I have been charged for damage done to the car before I hired it and can have been patronised and put off by the Auckland staff...EUROPCAR SUCKS AND I WILL TELL EVERYBODY!!!