Encompass Insurance / They meet poor rating at auto repairs

It seems that when I had need to have my windshield replaced under the "full glass" coverage I met with a few snags.

The original place I went to have my windshield replaced clarified that they have consistent issues with Encompass paying on time due to Encompass' use of third parties.

He went ahead and tried pre-authorization. They said that it was fully covered, but the customer needs to pay out of pocket and then would be reimbursed. That's not what full glass coverage means in their policy.

So my agent called, and got an internal Encompass number for the shop to call. First words out of Encompass' mouth... No. it is too expensive.

This is a convertible Corvette. If installed incorrectly and anything happens it would be more costly for them to pay all the medical bills for a substandard installation from a two bit glass shop.

Va

Comments

• Mr
      20th of May, 2009

I had a similar issue with Encompass.

I was involved in a HEAD-ON COLLISION with one of their "clients" who was promptly arrested at the scene of the accident for DWI...FOR THE THIRD TIME! (it says a LOT about a company who insures a 2x DWI violator!)

My insurance company paid my expenses, except for an overage on the rental car of $300. Some kool-aide drinking employee of the company called me to tell me that they took "full responsibility" for the claim, only to REJECT my $300 rental bill because "the car (I rented) was too big..."!!! They didn't say anything to me, nor my insurance company, about any restrictions on the rental, but came up with that excuse six months after the accident.

AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE! And if you have a **serious** accident with one of their "clients" I would recommend getting a lawyer ASAP. Encompass will only jerk you around until they eventually tell you 'no' on any and all claims that they take "full responsibility" for!

I get involved in a head-on collision with a drunk driver, and it cost ME $300+ !!!